Velocity Reviews

-   -   MN-500 getting "uPnP not installed" error even when uPnP is instal (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t589349-mn-500-getting-upnp-not-installed-error-even-when-upnp-is-instal.html)

MidLevel 02-04-2008 07:19 AM

MN-500 getting "uPnP not installed" error even when uPnP is instal

I've recently moved, and in the process, my roommate and I have decided that
I would take the wired connection to the internet, while he would take the
wireless (via the MN-500 base station and a USB adaptor). In the process
though, I've gotten into some issues I simply cannot find a solution for.

1. When installing the base station using the install disc, I get an error
along the lines of "uPnP is not installed, setup cannot continue". This
persists after activating uPnP, resetting the factory settings and restoring
my computer.

2. In my attempt to get around this by manually installing the base station
and adaptor, I cannot access my Base Station settings both through the UI and
through the IP of the base station. I have tried every possible solution on
the Help section of this site, and resetting the factory settings.

Solutions would be wildly appreciated.

Barb Bowman 02-04-2008 09:56 AM

Re: MN-500 getting "uPnP not installed" error even when uPnP is instal

it is probably time to replace the MN500. It does not offer the type
of encryption you need to protect your computers and was
discontinued long ago so there are no updates. if the long factory
reset (holding an unbent paper clip) in the reset hold more than 10
seconds) doesn't allow you to log in manually, then it is probably
broken.

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP