Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wireless Networking (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f19-wireless-networking.html)
-   -   MAC Address (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t589282-mac-address.html)

Nospam 02-03-2008 07:54 PM

MAC Address
 
How can I find out the MAC address of my Laptop's WiFi Card?

Thanks
--
Nospam

Axel Hammerschmidt 02-03-2008 10:07 PM

Re: MAC Address
 
Nospam <nospam@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> How can I find out the MAC address of my Laptop's WiFi Card?


UNIX: ifconfig
Windows: ipconfig /all

Suzy 02-03-2008 10:32 PM

Re: MAC Address
 

"Axel Hammerschmidt" <hlexa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1ibrc1d.ylk4of1mgpm7yN%hlexa@hotmail.com...
> Nospam <nospam@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> How can I find out the MAC address of my Laptop's WiFi Card?

>
> UNIX: ifconfig
> Windows: ipconfig /all


Presumable that the hex address, and not the earlier dot decimals?



Nospam 02-03-2008 10:46 PM

Re: MAC Address
 
In message <47a640e5$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, Suzy <not@valid.?.invalid>
writes
>
>"Axel Hammerschmidt" <hlexa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:1ibrc1d.ylk4of1mgpm7yN%hlexa@hotmail.com.. .
>> Nospam <nospam@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> How can I find out the MAC address of my Laptop's WiFi Card?

>>
>> UNIX: ifconfig
>> Windows: ipconfig /all

>
>Presumable that the hex address, and not the earlier dot decimals?
>
>


Thanks

sorry I missed out my OS, it was windows.


--
Nospam

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 02-03-2008 11:32 PM

Re: MAC Address
 
Hi
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/ipcfg.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Nospam" <nospam@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:4qfUayQ8QkpHFwrg@nospam.demon.co.uk...
> In message <47a640e5$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, Suzy <not@valid.?.invalid>
> writes
>>
>>"Axel Hammerschmidt" <hlexa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:1ibrc1d.ylk4of1mgpm7yN%hlexa@hotmail.com. ..
>>> Nospam <nospam@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>>> How can I find out the MAC address of my Laptop's WiFi Card?
>>>
>>> UNIX: ifconfig
>>> Windows: ipconfig /all

>>
>>Presumable that the hex address, and not the earlier dot decimals?
>>
>>

>
> Thanks
>
> sorry I missed out my OS, it was windows.
>
>
> --
> Nospam



Nospam 02-04-2008 12:02 AM

Re: MAC Address
 
In message <uLttC0rZIHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, "Jack
(MVP-Networking)." <jack@discussiongroup.com> writes
>Hi
>May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/ipcfg.html
>Jack (MVP-Networking).


Thanks for the link.

You learn lots in this group.

Now only if I could get vista home basic to recognise my WiFi network

some things are beyond anyone's comprehension.

Such is life.

Thanks again for the link

--
Nospam


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.