Velocity Reviews

-   -   LAN connection ok, but no wireless internet connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t589066-lan-connection-ok-but-no-wireless-internet-connection.html)

Resi 02-02-2008 05:50 PM

LAN connection ok, but no wireless internet connection

HI
Hope you can help with this.
I am helping friend setting up her internet connection on her PC.
she'c connected to AOL for wireless broadband provision.
the control panel/network connection says we have broadband both when
connected via cable or wireless, however we can access IE only when the cable
is plugged in.
any idea what is going on? we followed the advice from AOL but I am getting
a bit frayed but their excuses.... i.e. not an aol issue...
hope you can help
Thanks
Resi

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 02-02-2008 06:29 PM

Re: LAN connection ok, but no wireless internet connection

Hi
Try to disable the wire and see if the Wireless "kicks" in.
Otherwise use this process to make sure that the Wireless actually works.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

Resi 02-02-2008 06:41 PM

Re: LAN connection ok, but no wireless internet connection

HI Jack, thanks for your help! I did fing your ezlan.net/wireless link after
I submitted question and followed your instructions and connected up! so many
many thanks!
if anoyone else stumbles to an ssue with IE not connecting via a wirless
network, follow the instructions on the link:
and all will work fine!
(as long as we had the same problem, i guess)
off to do some net surfing
ttfn, Resi