Velocity Reviews

-   -   How can I prioritize traffic by IP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t588618-how-can-i-prioritize-traffic-by-ip.html)

05hammer 01-31-2008 06:39 PM

How can I prioritize traffic by IP?

We have a 6513 Catalyst router running 12.1.(27b)E1 that handles all
our network traffic in our facility. Recently, My supervisor has
expressed an extreme interest in prioritizing our traffic by IP
subnet. Group A owns the router. Group B is a tenant and does not
own the router or pay for the bandwidth used, and they currently use a
LOT. We want to be able to ensure Group A's traffic gets priority
over Group B's traffic.

From what I've looked at about prioritizing traffic, it only seems
like I can prioritize by protocol/port. How can I set it up to set
subnet A (Vlan2) above subnet B (Vlan3)?

Thanks guys.

Trendkill 01-31-2008 07:03 PM

Re: How can I prioritize traffic by IP?

On Jan 31, 1:39 pm, 05hammer <robert.aust...@baesystems.com> wrote:
> We have a 6513 Catalyst router running 12.1.(27b)E1 that handles all
> our network traffic in our facility. Recently, My supervisor has
> expressed an extreme interest in prioritizing our traffic by IP
> subnet. Group A owns the router. Group B is a tenant and does not
> own the router or pay for the bandwidth used, and they currently use a
> LOT. We want to be able to ensure Group A's traffic gets priority
> over Group B's traffic.
>
> From what I've looked at about prioritizing traffic, it only seems
> like I can prioritize by protocol/port. How can I set it up to set
> subnet A (Vlan2) above subnet B (Vlan3)?
>
> Thanks guys.

You can mark and classify traffic based on a plethora of criteria,
including ACLs, which can be by source or destination network. Here
are some links that reference ACLs, and PBR.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1020583

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1020667