Velocity Reviews

-   -   Portable Version (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t588538-portable-version.html)

JAG CHAN 01-31-2008 12:47 PM

Portable Version

Will someone please tell me how does Portable Version differs from the non
Portablel Version.

Thanks.

Rgr 01-31-2008 01:05 PM

Re: Portable Version

JAG CHAN wrote:
> Will someone please tell me how does Portable Version differs from the non
> Portablel Version.

It has a handle on top.

SJP 01-31-2008 01:15 PM

Re: Portable Version

"JAG CHAN" <rup@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Will someone please tell me how does Portable Version differs from the non
> Portablel Version.
>
> Thanks.

Its portable

Mike Easter 01-31-2008 01:38 PM

Re: Portable Version

JAG CHAN wrote:
> Will someone please tell me how does Portable Version differs from
> the non Portablel Version.

When you are looking at something and thinking about something and a
question pops into your mind, that does not mean that typing the
question in your mind into a news message is going to cause the image
you are seeing and all of its associated information to be magically
conducted into the minds of those who are reading your question.

Look at your question and subject. Realize that it could be talking
about a portable computer, a portable generator, a portable potty, a
portable application, or whatever. That makes it a pretty dumb
question, doesn't it?

I'm going to pull out my magic mindreading crystal ball and guess that
you are talking about a portable application.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_application A portable
application, or portable app for short, is a software program that does
not require any kind of formal installation onto a computer's permanent
storage device to be executed, and can be stored on a removable storage
device such as a CD-ROM, USB flash drive, flash card, or even a floppy
disk, enabling it to be used on multiple computers. This does not mean
that it can be taken and used on a different operating system,
processing platform, or another computer with completely different
hardware

Since your OS is Win, you might be interested in portable Win apps
http://portableapps.com/ PortableApps.com is a community site devoted
to the development, promotion and use of portable applications.

--
Mike Easter

pg 01-31-2008 01:54 PM

Re: Portable Version

On Jan 31, 4:47 am, JAG CHAN <r...@invalid.com> wrote:
> Will someone please tell me how does Portable Version differs from the non
> Portablel Version.
>
> Thanks.

Port - according to Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port )

A port is a facility for receiving ships and transferring cargo.
They are usually situated at the edge of an ocean, sea, river, or
lake.

Therefore, if something is portable, that means, that something has
something to do with port. That something could be a ship, or a
lunchbox, or a longshoreman, or a seagull.

If something is not portable, then, that something has nothing to do
with port. That something could be a desert, or Mount Everest.

Hope this helps !

richard 01-31-2008 04:48 PM

Re: Portable Version

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:47:10 +0000 (UTC), JAG CHAN <rup@invalid.com>
wrote:

>Will someone please tell me how does Portable Version differs from the non
>Portablel Version.
>
>Thanks.

Portable weighs in at a mere 20 pounds while a non portable version
weighs in at 200 tons.

sandy58 01-31-2008 07:01 PM

Re: Portable Version

On Jan 31, 12:47 pm, JAG CHAN <r...@invalid.com> wrote:
> Will someone please tell me how does Portable Version differs from the non
> Portablel Version.
>
> Thanks.

JAG, try these. Better chance of getting any sense. :-)
aus.computers
alt.computer
alt.2600.cracks

Plato 01-31-2008 09:00 PM

Re: Portable Version

Mike Easter wrote:

> about a portable computer, a portable generator, a portable potty, a

I have a portable potty in the basement. It's a 7 gallon old paint
container. Works perfectly :)

JAG CHAN 02-01-2008 03:53 PM

Re: Thanks folks

sandy58 <Aleckie59@aol.com> wrote in

> On Jan 31, 12:47 pm, JAG CHAN <r...@invalid.com> wrote:
>> Will someone please tell me how does Portable Version differs from
>> the non Portablel Version.
>>
>> Thanks.

> JAG, try these. Better chance of getting any sense. :-)
> aus.computers
> alt.computer
> alt.2600.cracks

Being on the wrong side of fifty, it is but natural for me to goof up
from time to time.
Still you folks took time to answer my queries.
Thanks and Regards.