Velocity Reviews

-   -   wep to wpa (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t587728-wep-to-wpa.html)

dapaur 01-28-2008 08:53 AM

wep to wpa

hello i have a linksys wireless card for my laptop i just moved into a new house that has a linksys wireless router but i cant get online because my card is for wep and the router is wpa is there anyway to make my card wpa so i can type in the correct network key thank you

dapaur 01-28-2008 08:54 AM

and is it easy

dapaur 01-28-2008 06:51 PM

bump for today

SashimiOnly 02-06-2008 10:00 PM

Hey there...

It should not be hard at all. Since both your devices are from Linksys, this will make it easier.

Go into the Wireless Network Properties of your wireless pc card and change the encryption to WPA, (in the Security tab), encryption type AES.
Make sure you have the correct network security key (passphrase) that matches the one to your router.

What you could also do is go the linksys ws and get the latest driver/firmware for the router and/or the pc card.

Hope that helps...

Paul

dapaur 02-07-2008 12:15 AM

when i open up the properties i only has a general, wireless network, authentication, and advanced tab i can not find the security and i can not update this till i am connected i would change the routher back to wpa but i am renting a room and other roommates already have the password so i dont want anyone to get mad at me also my wireless card is picking up other internet signals they are low but still saying i have a connection but hen i try to go online it will no let me what can this be from and thank you very much