Velocity Reviews

-   -   Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t587183-make-your-ipod-iphone-work-in-xp-x64.html)

Carlos 01-25-2008 12:42 PM

Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

I am not an iPod user but I thought that this guide might be interested in
making their iPods work in XP x64.
http://yukichigai.googlepages.com/iphonex64
Carlos

Eric 01-25-2008 11:55 PM

Re: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

Carlos, Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try when/if I get some free
time this weekend :)

Eric

Eric 01-27-2008 04:27 PM

Re: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

I've tried to download the 64bit version of iTunes (of course using
IE7 64bit), but no luck. After each download, and running the iTunes
setup, it says it's a 32 bit version. Anyone know how to manually
download the 64 bit version, as it appears that Apples site defaults
to the 32 bit version...at least for me.

Thanks,

Colin Barnhorst 01-27-2008 05:20 PM

Re: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

Why did you feel you needed to use the 64bit version of IE7? Use the
default version. A download is a download is a download.

David F 01-27-2008 07:11 PM

Re: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

I was able to download ITunes64Setup.exe and it installed without problems
simply by using IE7-32. Can't image why you're having problems.

Eric 01-28-2008 11:15 AM

Re: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

The 64-bit version of iTunes (You can use IE x64 to get it from here
too)

I try my best to follow directions...they say use IE x64, I use IE x64

Carlos 01-28-2008 12:12 PM

Re: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

Eric,
64-bit direct D/L link:
http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....nes64Setup.exe
Use any method you want to download it. IE32-bit, IE64-bit, Flashget,
GetRight, Firefox, etc.
Carlos

Graham 01-29-2008 05:18 AM

Carlos wrote:
> I am not an iPod user but I thought that this guide might be interested in
> making their iPods work in XP x64.
> http://yukichigai.googlepages.com/iphonex64

I don't get it. Recently the 32-bit iTunes/Quicktime has been prepared
to allow itself to install on XP x64, and all the "Vista 64-bit" package
installs is 32-bit iTunes anyway. I don't have an iPhone, so I don't
give a monkeys about that bit; maybe that's what all the fuss is about.

Graham.

Eric 01-29-2008 10:58 AM

Re: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

Thanks Carlos! :)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 04:12:00 -0800, Carlos

spyhunter39 07-07-2008 11:26 AM

Re: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

i did that whole tutorial a few months ago and it worked great. then
about 2 weeks ago, i tried to update to the newest version of itunes,
and now it doesn't work.
Everything works (itunes/quicktime install, etc.) except for the iphone
driver itself. At the step where you have to select the driver to use, I
select the "apple mobile device usb driver" and it waits for a few
seconds and then says there was a problem installing the driver.

Any ideas?

--
spyhunter39
spyhunter39's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52659