Velocity Reviews

-   -   The Future is HD DVD-RAM (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t587092-the-future-is-hd-dvd-ram.html)

Just Visiting 01-25-2008 02:43 AM

The Future is HD DVD-RAM

With built-in error control and a defect management system, HD DVD-RAM
is considered a highly reliable format with technology related to hard
disk and floppy disk. HD DVD-RAMs can be accessed just like a hard or
floppy disk and usually without any special software. For this reason,
it makes an excellent source for general data storage, backup and
archival. HD DVD-RAM will hold 20 gigabytes per layer intended for
data storage, including HD video. So when will it be available? Don't
hold your breath.

ChairmanOfTheBored 01-25-2008 02:53 AM

Re: The Future is HD DVD-RAM

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 02:43:22 GMT, Just Visiting
<nospam-webextra@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>So when will it be available? Don't
>hold your breath.

Actually, you should go ahead and hold yours... Please.

Mike Ray 01-25-2008 03:41 PM

Re: The Future is HD DVD-RAM

Just Visiting wrote:
> With built-in error control and a defect management system, HD DVD-RAM
> is considered a highly reliable format with technology related to hard
> disk and floppy disk. HD DVD-RAMs can be accessed just like a hard or
> floppy disk and usually without any special software. For this reason,
> it makes an excellent source for general data storage, backup and
> archival. HD DVD-RAM will hold 20 gigabytes per layer intended for
> data storage, including HD video. So when will it be available? Don't
> hold your breath.

I hope that is true because I have had great success with SD DVD-RAM
disks in my Panasonic DMR-EZ47K recorder, plus I can just load the disk
into my laptop to edit an re-burn. In fact I have yet to burn anything
but DVD-RAM disk in the panny.
-Mike