Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can I know what's going on with pending requests? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t587048-can-i-know-whats-going-on-with-pending-requests.html)

ThunderMusic 01-24-2008 09:38 PM

Can I know what's going on with pending requests?

Hi,
We have a web site that gets to 100% on one of our 8 CPUs and the used
memory (including page file) goes up to 20.6GB... We want to know which
process or which page is using all these resources... Is there a built-in
way?

Our site uses IIS 6.0 and ASP.NET 2.0

Thanks

ThunderMusic

George Ter-Saakov 01-24-2008 10:22 PM

Re: Can I know what's going on with pending requests?

First you create separate pools for separate .NET applications.
Then check which pools consumes the CPU by using task manager. You will get
ProcessID out of it.
There is a IISApp.vbs in System32 folder that does it.

thus you will know which application is at fault.

You will have to get creative to find out which page does it. May be some
logging will help but usually it's not a single page. Some or all of the
Pages contribute to that untill it spikes.

George.