Velocity Reviews

-   -   rpy registry (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t586482-rpy-registry.html)

hnessenospam@yahoo.com 01-22-2008 06:53 PM

rpy registry

Howdy, I've been using rpy (1.0.1) and python (2.5.1) on my office
computer with great success. When I went to put rpy on my laptop,
however, I get an error trying to load rpy.

"Unable to determine R version from the registry. Trying another
method."

followed by a few lines of the usual error message style (ending with
"NameError: global name 'RuntimeExecError' is not defined." I have
reinstalled R (now 2.6.1), rpy, and python without any luck (being
sure to check the "include in registry" on the installation of R).
Everything else I have used thus far works perfectly. Any thoughts on
what might be causing problems?

Thanks,

-Hans