Velocity Reviews

-   -   Program needed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t586327-program-needed.html)

richard 01-22-2008 04:33 AM

Program needed

I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:

1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS
4.20].mp3

And would like to change the name format to:
El Paso - Marty Robbins - 1960

I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't get a
certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what I need,
but not the part that actually saves the file name in a directory
listing.

Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as
easily?

Open for suggestions.

art2u 01-22-2008 06:54 AM

Re: Program needed

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:33:35 -0500, richard wrote:

> I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
>
> 1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS 4.20].mp3
>
> And would like to change the name format to: El Paso - Marty Robbins -
> 1960
>
> I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't get a
> certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what I need, but
> not the part that actually saves the file name in a directory listing.
>
> Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as easily?
>
> Open for suggestions.

MP3Tag (google for it)
-Art- (not Art)

Evan Platt 01-22-2008 07:01 AM

Re: Program needed

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:33:35 -0500, richard <I.dont.care@do.you>
wrote:

>I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
>
>1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS
>4.20].mp3
>
>And would like to change the name format to:
>El Paso - Marty Robbins - 1960
>
>I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't get a
>certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what I need,
>but not the part that actually saves the file name in a directory
>listing.
>
>Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as
>easily?
>
>Open for suggestions.

As long as the data is part of the ID tag, MP3 Filename Formatter will
work.

dadiOH 01-22-2008 11:27 AM

Re: Program needed

richard wrote:
> I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
>
> 1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS
> 4.20].mp3
>
> And would like to change the name format to:
> El Paso - Marty Robbins - 1960
>
> I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't
> get a certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what
> I need, but not the part that actually saves the file name in a
> directory listing.
>
> Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as
> easily?
>
> Open for suggestions.

Almost any of 100s if not 1000s of tag editors. If the data is not in
the tag, create it (with editor) from existing file name then use tag
data to change file name.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

richard 01-22-2008 01:12 PM

Re: Program needed

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 06:54:19 +0000 (UTC), art2u <art2u@invalid.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:33:35 -0500, richard wrote:
>
>> I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
>>
>> 1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS 4.20].mp3
>>
>> And would like to change the name format to: El Paso - Marty Robbins -
>> 1960
>>
>> I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't get a
>> certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what I need, but
>> not the part that actually saves the file name in a directory listing.
>>
>> Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as easily?
>>
>> Open for suggestions.

>MP3Tag (google for it)
>-Art- (not Art)

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Did the trick just fine thanks.

chuckcar 01-22-2008 08:24 PM

Re: Program needed

richard <I.dont.care@do.you> wrote in

> I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
>
> 1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS
> 4.20].mp3
>
> And would like to change the name format to:
> El Paso - Marty Robbins - 1960
>
> I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't get a
> certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what I need,
> but not the part that actually saves the file name in a directory
> listing.
>
> Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as
> easily?
>
> Open for suggestions.

bash. a *real* command line interface.

--