Velocity Reviews

-   -   counter in CGI or PHP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t585907-counter-in-cgi-or-php.html)

frodobaggins@cornwall.privacy 01-20-2008 05:15 AM

counter in CGI or PHP

Where would I find a website hit counter written preferably in PHP, or
perhaps as a CGI app? I do not have shell access to the web provider
so installation would have to be via FTP only (no make or
compilation).

Neredbojias 01-20-2008 07:18 AM

Re: counter in CGI or PHP

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 20 Jan 2008 05:15:46 GMT
scribed:

> Where would I find a website hit counter written preferably in PHP, or
> perhaps as a CGI app? I do not have shell access to the web provider
> so installation would have to be via FTP only (no make or
> compilation).

I've made my own but would prefer not to release it. However, if you don't
find anything else in a few days, say so and I'll post the code here.
(It's short.) I suggest you investigate the php groups.

--
Neredbojias
Riches are their own reward.

Tha RagMan 01-21-2008 11:38 AM

Re: counter in CGI or PHP

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:15:46 -0800, frodobaggins@cornwall.privacy
wrote:

>Where would I find a website hit counter written preferably in PHP, or
>perhaps as a CGI app?

I got a GREAT hit counter from http://www.phpjunkyard.com/
Tha RagMan

Travis Newbury 01-21-2008 12:30 PM

Re: counter in CGI or PHP

On Jan 20, 12:15 am, frodobagg...@cornwall.privacy wrote:
> Where would I find a website hit counter written preferably in PHP, or
> perhaps as a CGI app? I do not have shell access to the web provider
> so installation would have to be via FTP only (no make or
> compilation).

Why the hell do you want to not archive your question? If everyone
did this no one could search google groups. Give a hand to future
developer and archive your questions.

Chaddy2222 01-21-2008 01:28 PM

Re: counter in CGI or PHP

On Jan 21, 11:30*pm, Travis Newbury <TravisNewb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 20, 12:15 am, frodobagg...@cornwall.privacy wrote:
>
> > Where would I find a website hit counter written preferably in PHP, or
> > perhaps as a CGI app? I do not have shell access to the web provider
> > so installation would have to be via FTP only (no make or
> > compilation).

> Why the hell do you want to not archive your question? *If everyone
> did this no one could search google groups. *Give a hand to future
> developer and archive your questions.

Yeah I agree.

adwatson 01-25-2008 04:14 PM

Re: counter in CGI or PHP

Are you sure you want a counter? I know a lot of times when people ask
for a counter on their site, what they really want is just some way to
track/anaylze the traffic on their site - if that's what you're
looking for then look into google analytics or look for log file
analyzers like awstats. Otherwise, there's got to be thousands of
counter scripts floating around the Internet...

---
www.NEXCESS.NET - Shared/Reseller Hosting
www.EliteRax.com - Dedicated Servers, Server Clusters
www.MaxVPS.com - Virtual Private Servers
- Great prices, Great service - check us out!