Velocity Reviews

-   -   Copying Youtube Videos (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t585526-copying-youtube-videos.html)

Chaudhry Nijjhar 01-18-2008 06:37 AM

Copying Youtube Videos

Hi,

I have uploaded some Videos on Youtube and wanted to copy them onto my hard
drive for uploading on Godtube.

Any one can tell me how to do it please?

--
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar

I use Win XP Professional. Intel

Any other information needed please?

Edna boxe 01-18-2008 10:24 AM

Re: Copying Youtube Videos

"Chaudhry Nijjhar" <chaudhry.nijjhar@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded some Videos on Youtube and wanted to copy them onto my
> hard drive for uploading on Godtube.
>
> Any one can tell me how to do it please?
>

> --
> Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar
>
> I use Win XP Professional. Intel
>
> Any other information needed please?

Try http://vixy.net/

HTH,
Edna

Chaudhry Nijjhar 01-18-2008 01:36 PM

Re: Copying Youtube Videos

Hi,

It is not working. Suggest another programme please.

Rajinder

Jerry McBride 01-18-2008 02:27 PM

Re: Copying Youtube Videos

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:36:14 +0000, Chaudhry Nijjhar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is not working. Suggest another programme please.
>
> Rajinder

You'll hate me for this...

Under linux, I use firefox on youtube... While the video is playing, I
wait for the entire video to be buffered... then from a command console I
cd to /tmp. In there, you can see the stored video file. I can identify
the file easily, because in it's name is the text, "FLV"... I simply copy
the stored file to something more understandable and add the suffix ".flv"
to it... The result is a flash video that xine ot gmplayer can play
perfectly...

So, try and find out where your browser is temporarily storing the
streamed flash and try to copy it out...

--

Jerry

JohnSki 01-18-2008 03:08 PM

Re: Copying Youtube Videos

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:37:42 GMT, "Chaudhry Nijjhar"
<chaudhry.nijjhar@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have uploaded some Videos on Youtube and wanted to copy them onto my hard
>drive for uploading on Godtube.
>
>Any one can tell me how to do it please?

Biennesoft YouTubeDownloader will do what you want and you can convert
to several different video formats. Get it at
http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

Cheers,
John

ded 01-18-2008 06:04 PM

Re: Copying Youtube Videos

> Hi,
>
> It is not working. Suggest another programme please.
>
> Rajinder

vixy is currently being blocked by YouTube and Google, but it is worth
bookmarking as it works with other flash and video sites.
This one works with YouTube
http://www.save2pc.com/download.html

YKK 01-18-2008 06:08 PM

Re: Copying Youtube Videos

On Jan 18, 12:37 am, "Chaudhry Nijjhar"
<chaudhry.nijj...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded some Videos on Youtube and wanted to copy them onto my hard
> drive for uploading on Godtube.
>
> Any one can tell me how to do it please?
>
> --
> Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar
>
> I use Win XP Professional. Intel
>
> Any other information needed please?

DownThemAll extension for Firefox used to work well.

Chaudhry Nijjhar 01-19-2008 11:48 AM

Re: Copying Youtube Videos

Hi,

I have just downloaded and am going to give it a trial.

Rajinder

Chaudhry Nijjhar 01-19-2008 03:16 PM

Re: Copying Youtube Videos

Hi,

I have got the file downloaded but it would not play. Asking for associated
programme and I tried Real Player and other programme but no success.

I did try the

www.dvdvideosoft.com

programme to convert my Youtube URL into avi file or other if you would
suggest for uploading on Godtube Videos.

It went upto 50% and then went to done in no time. So, it did not finish
the conversion and when I clicked on the saved file it shows 0 bytes. So, it
did not work.

I have tried the other programmes suggested and none worked and 0 bytes in
the file.

Rajinder Nijjhar

ded 01-19-2008 08:11 PM

Re: Copying Youtube Videos

> Hi,
>
> I have got the file downloaded but it would not play. Asking for
> associated programme and I tried Real Player and other programme but no
> success.
>
> I did try the
>
> www.dvdvideosoft.com
>
> programme to convert my Youtube URL into avi file or other if you would
> suggest for uploading on Godtube Videos.
>
> It went upto 50% and then went to done in no time. So, it did not finish
> the conversion and when I clicked on the saved file it shows 0 bytes. So,
> it did not work.
>
> I have tried the other programmes suggested and none worked and 0 bytes in
> the file.

Then you are doing something wrong. I just tried save2pc and it
captured just fine from YouTube.
Only download the lite (free) version of save2pc
Read the tutorials
http://youtube.com/watch?v=REBcvzhacLo
http://blog.techsnack.net/save2pc-li...e-video-easily
Don't select: "use HTTP proxy"