Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error in accessing the application after delpoying on server! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t585524-error-in-accessing-the-application-after-delpoying-on-server.html)

chandan 01-18-2008 06:37 AM

Error in accessing the application after delpoying on server!

My application works fine on developmet server,but when I deploy this
application usitn VS websetup then try to access then this error
occurs.

Error:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The directory '/eChartbook/
App_GlobalResources/' is not allowed because the application is
precompiled.] ???

I am not able to find the error?? Point out the problem area!

Thanks,
Chandan kumar

chandan 01-18-2008 09:18 AM

Re: Error in accessing the application after delpoying on server!

On Jan 18, 11:37*am, chandan <ck.kis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My application works fine on developmet server,but when I deploy this
> application usitn VS websetup then try to access then this error
> occurs.
>
> Error:
>
> [HttpException (0x80004005): The directory '/eChartbook/
> App_GlobalResources/' is not allowed because the application is
> precompiled.] ???
>
> I am not able to find the error?? Point out the problem area!
>
> Thanks,
> Chandan kumar

Hi I got the solution:

This error can occur when running an application deployed and
installed by the MSI Deployment Installer. The MSI Deployment
Installer creates a PrecompiledApp.config file that causes this error
at run-time.

Solution
Delete the PrecompiledApp.config file and re-start your application.

http://www.ironspeed.com/Designer/4....ot_allowed.htm

Thanks,
Chandan

Sanket Sirotiya 01-18-2008 11:28 AM

Re: Error in accessing the application after delpoying on server!

hi

set value EnableViewStateMAC=false in web.config