Velocity Reviews

-   -   Portland OR: Serious students needed: Creating MCSE study group (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t585436-portland-or-serious-students-needed-creating-mcse-study-group.html)

John Bartley K7AAY 01-17-2008 08:30 PM

Portland OR: Serious students needed: Creating MCSE study group

Putting together a non-smoking study group for the MCSE, to meet in my
basement 2-3 nights a week, 6:30PM or later, and want to share the
costs with two or three other students. I've taught PCs in adult ed
for six years, and know I learn better in a small study group than by
myself. Serious students needed.

Robert Williams [CertGuard] 01-17-2008 08:56 PM

Re: Portland OR: Serious students needed: Creating MCSE study group

I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not 'worthy'
of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to contribute to your
little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker says or does? What gives? ;-)

Bill Hileman 01-17-2008 09:38 PM

"Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <mr_pgmr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not
> 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to
> contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker says
> or does? What gives? ;-)

It's a long time to expect someone to hold their breath.

Solution: hold the sessions OUTDOORS (duh)

CBIC 01-17-2008 09:41 PM

"Bill Hileman" <discgolfdad@gEEmail.com> wrote in message
> "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <mr_pgmr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not
>> 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to
>> contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker
>> says or does? What gives? ;-)

> It's a long time to expect someone to hold their breath.
>
> Solution: hold the sessions OUTDOORS (duh)

Man, I miss smoking sometimes. Like right now...
*takes a deep breath*
Now I remember why I quit

Briscobar 01-17-2008 09:53 PM

"CBIC" <spam.thisbiotch@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Man, I miss smoking sometimes. Like right now...
> *takes a deep breath*
> Now I remember why I quit

I quit smoking because it started interfering with the drinking.

CBIC 01-17-2008 10:04 PM

"Briscobar" <youcant@sendmespam.com> wrote in message

> "CBIC" <spam.thisbiotch@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Man, I miss smoking sometimes. Like right now...
>> *takes a deep breath*
>> Now I remember why I quit

> I quit smoking because it started interfering with the drinking.

That's a good reason. I quit smoking because it started interfering with the
breathing.

John Bartley K7AAY 01-18-2008 02:20 PM

Re: Portland OR: Serious students needed: Creating MCSE study group

On Jan 17, 12:56 pm, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
<mr_p...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not 'worthy'
> of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to contribute to your
> little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker says or does? What gives? ;-)

Because my wife's a severe asthmatic, and has a bad reaction to
leftover smoke. We can both smell smoke on smokers, and dislike the
odour when they come into our house.

Why else buy a home and maintain it if we have to invite smelly people
inside? Ans: We don't.

catwalker63 01-22-2008 05:44 PM

Re: Portland OR: Serious students needed: Creating MCSE study group

John Bartley K7AAY <john.bartley@gmail.com> prattled ceaselessly in

> On Jan 17, 12:56 pm, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
> <mr_p...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers
>> not 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able
>> to contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a
>> smoker says or does? What gives? ;-)

> Because my wife's a severe asthmatic, and has a bad reaction to
> leftover smoke. We can both smell smoke on smokers, and dislike the
> odour when they come into our house.
>
> Why else buy a home and maintain it if we have to invite smelly people
> inside? Ans: We don't.

Hmmmm . . . . This one's a little small. I'd throw 'im back if I were
you Rob

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Robert Williams [CertGuard] 01-22-2008 06:18 PM

"catwalker63" <_catwalker63_@hotmamamail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9A2D633587938catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> John Bartley K7AAY <john.bartley@gmail.com> prattled ceaselessly in
>
>> On Jan 17, 12:56 pm, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
>> <mr_p...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers
>>> not 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able
>>> to contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a
>>> smoker says or does? What gives? ;-)

>> Because my wife's a severe asthmatic, and has a bad reaction to
>> leftover smoke. We can both smell smoke on smokers, and dislike the
>> odour when they come into our house.
>>
>> Why else buy a home and maintain it if we have to invite smelly people
>> inside? Ans: We don't.

> Hmmmm . . . . This one's a little small. I'd throw 'im back if I were
> you Rob
>
> --
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

Small asthmatic fish are no fun to eat. ;-)

John, for all the smokers in the world, I apologize. We would hate to cause you
or your family any problems. Please, until I can contact all my smoking
brethren, stay inside. I'll let you know when it's safe to come out.

--
C "Hiding the dried fruit and scented candles" G

CBIC 01-22-2008 07:21 PM

> John, for all the smokers in the world, I apologize. We would hate to
> cause you or your family any problems. Please, until I can contact all my
> smoking brethren, stay inside. I'll let you know when it's safe to come
> out.

Why don't you just quit? I'm almost a year smoke free. Ah smell that fresh
air.