Velocity Reviews

-   -   Banking in Silence (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t585206-banking-in-silence.html)

noone@nospamyahoo.cnn 01-17-2008 12:56 AM

Banking in Silence

WARNING

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/s...n_silence.html

JohnO 01-17-2008 02:14 AM

Re: Banking in Silence

On Jan 17, 1:56*pm, no...@nospamyahoo.cnn wrote:
> WARNING
>
> http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/s...blog/2008/01/b...

Smart guy.

Gordon 01-17-2008 04:19 AM

Re: Banking in Silence

On 2008-01-17, JohnO <johno1234@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 17, 1:56*pm, no...@nospamyahoo.cnn wrote:
>> WARNING
>>
>> http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/s...blog/2008/01/b...

> Smart guy.

Maybe, but

"The Trojan intercepts all of this traffic before it is encrypted, so even if
the transaction takes place over SSL the attack is still valid.
Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce exactly such a transaction in the
lab. However, through analysis of the Trojan's code it can be seen that this
feature is available to the attackers."

Has me wondering about who pays him to right this stuff, or are banks so
slow to adapt, after all these years of attack

Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) 01-17-2008 05:15 AM

Re: Banking in Silence

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:19:47 +0000, Gordon wrote:

> are banks so slow to adapt, after all these years of attack

Yes.

--
Smoking Causes Lung Cancer