Velocity Reviews

-   -   Recipient/sender toggling... Can't control it (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t584928-recipient-sender-toggling-cant-control-it.html)

Hamish 01-16-2008 12:31 AM

Recipient/sender toggling... Can't control it

I have Mozilla mail program 1.7.13.

Yesterday I set up two new folders, to hold my old mail from a couple
years ago. One folder in intended for stuff I sent. The other for
stuff I received. In the display panel for the received folder I
attempted to set up a column labeled "sender," but when I did that, and
then went to look at the other folder, the column on it had been changed
to "sender" also, even tho my preference is to have "recipient"
displayed there. Every time I try to fix one of the folders, my action
changes the other one too.

How can I get it the way I want?

Henry

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 01-16-2008 01:24 AM

Re: Recipient/sender toggling... Can't control it

Hamish wrote:
> I have Mozilla mail program 1.7.13.
>
> Yesterday I set up two new folders, to hold my old mail from a couple
> years ago. One folder in intended for stuff I sent. The other for
> stuff I received. In the display panel for the received folder I
> attempted to set up a column labeled "sender," but when I did that, and
> then went to look at the other folder, the column on it had been changed
> to "sender" also, even tho my preference is to have "recipient"
> displayed there. Every time I try to fix one of the folders, my action
> changes the other one too.
>
> How can I get it the way I want?
>
> Henry

upgrade to SeaMonkey. It does what you want. Since Mozilla
Suite died some time ago, some developers, testers, and
users didn't want the Suite program to die a slow death.
So, they banded together, took over the Mozilla Suite
program, and renamed it to SeaMonkey. SM will pick up and
start using your Moz settings, prefs, mail, bookmarks,
passwords, etc. You won't notice much of a difference, but
there are certain things that SM can do that Moz can't, such
as your problem: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Miller 01-16-2008 03:26 AM

*Hamish* wrote:
> I have Mozilla mail program 1.7.13.
>
> Yesterday I set up two new folders, to hold my old mail from a couple
> years ago. One folder in intended for stuff I sent. The other for
> stuff I received. In the display panel for the received folder I
> attempted to set up a column labeled "sender," but when I did that, and
> then went to look at the other folder, the column on it had been changed
> to "sender" also, even tho my preference is to have "recipient"
> displayed there. Every time I try to fix one of the folders, my action
> changes the other one too.
>
> How can I get it the way I want?

mnenhy may help you: http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/
esp. http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/folderstore.html

HTH, M

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 01-16-2008 06:30 AM

Miller wrote:
> *Hamish* wrote:
>> I have Mozilla mail program 1.7.13.
>>
>> Yesterday I set up two new folders, to hold my old mail from a couple
>> years ago. One folder in intended for stuff I sent. The other for
>> stuff I received. In the display panel for the received folder I
>> attempted to set up a column labeled "sender," but when I did that, and
>> then went to look at the other folder, the column on it had been changed
>> to "sender" also, even tho my preference is to have "recipient"
>> displayed there. Every time I try to fix one of the folders, my action
>> changes the other one too.
>>
>> How can I get it the way I want?

> mnenhy may help you: http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/
> esp. http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/folderstore.html
>
> HTH, M

the current versions of mnenhy may not be able to install in
an old program such as Mozilla Suite.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm