Velocity Reviews

-   -   Possible to Share a internet connection over bluetooth? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5844-possible-to-share-a-internet-connection-over-bluetooth.html)

Kardon Coupé 02-26-2005 11:41 PM

Possible to Share a internet connection over bluetooth?

Hello, I've got a little setup, 3 pc's to one router using cables, and I
have a bluetooth connection from my main pc to transfer stuff from my mobile
phone to the pc. So here is my question, I have just aquired a laptop, and
it is all setup to connect to the last cable connection on my router, but
what when I wanna use my laptop upstairs, in bed for example. If I buy a
wireless PCI card for my pc (WinXP) or the machine that the main router is
connected to (Win98). Will the machine send out internet from the card? will
I have to go down the Bridging options? or could i just buy a bluetooth
dongle for the laptop, and activate the networking option on the bluetooth
on my main machine (MSI BToes Bluetooth USB 1.1 Adapter) ? or could I buy a
bluetooth PCMCIA card (if they exsist) and have the same thing...

Sorry for all the questions, but I wanna get it right b4 I start spending
money.

Regards.
Paul.

Jack 02-27-2005 12:07 AM

Re: Possible to Share a internet connection over bluetooth?

Hi
You best solution would be buying an Access Point and plug it to the Router.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

mikeFNB 02-27-2005 12:09 AM

Re: Possible to Share a internet connection over bluetooth?

just use a bluetooth USB device on the laptop.
or , as you say,
use the XP machine & a NIC card just enable ICS either way.

mike