Velocity Reviews

-   -   new laptop (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5842-new-laptop.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Q29uc3VsdGluZyBKb2Fu?= 02-26-2005 05:39 PM

new laptop

I have a new laptop and would like to network it with my desk top. I'm always
confused on how to do this. Is there an easy was to get this done?

WLW 02-26-2005 05:55 PM

Re: new laptop

Yes and No

You might want to take a look at

http://www.ezine.com/TechTips/BuildingSimpleLAN.shtml

or

http://www.ezlan.net/

Hope these help,
--
William L. Whipple
WWW.EZine.Com

"Consulting Joan" <ConsultingJoan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:65E4C901-C051-45C5-8182-30DC0FAE71BF@microsoft.com...

Jack 02-26-2005 11:01 PM

Re: new laptop

Hi
If it involves Internet connection as well read this too.
The content of the following links will provide you with a basic tutorial
about Sharing Internet and using Wireless; it is short and to the point:
Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing -
Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -
Wireless Principles - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122
The page above was written ages ago. You might ignore the prices, and the
specific choice of hardware, stick with the principles are still the same.
Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).