Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless Zero Configuration Service not starting up. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5839-wireless-zero-configuration-service-not-starting-up.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?= 02-26-2005 03:31 AM

Wireless Zero Configuration Service not starting up.

When I reboot my computer or turn it on after being turned off, my wireless
zero configuration service has to be started manually by me every time. If I
don't start it, my connection will not work. I do not know what (if any)
service I may have disabled to make this happen. Even if I setup the service
to start up automatically and then apply the change and then reboot, it still
will not starts and defaults back to maual. Does anyone know how I could
have possibly caused this, or could fix this problem? I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

hello 02-26-2005 04:40 AM

Re: Wireless Zero Configuration Service not starting up.

What services Wireless Zero Configuration needs to function properly:

* NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol
* Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

check these services and make sure they are running also.

Good luck.

-Sam

=?Utf-8?B?b3JhY2xld2l6YXJkNzc=?= 02-26-2005 05:59 AM

Re: Wireless Zero Configuration Service not starting up.

I have the same problem. RPC is set to automatically start, don't see where
to set NDIS but I assume it it working since I can connect to the wireless
network. It would be nice if Microsoft would fix this problem so that
Wireless Zero would actually automatically start.

It works on my Dell Notebook automatically, but not on my Compaq desktop in
which I installed a wireless network card manually.

A work around to not having to manually re-start it is to leave the computer
on all the time but set it to system standby and hiberate after so many
hours. Of course it seems whenever you do a critical update, you need to
re-boot the computer.

=?Utf-8?B?QXJsZW5ldGVhY2hlcg==?= 02-26-2005 06:01 AM

Re: Wireless Zero Configuration Service not starting up.

It works on my Dell notebook but not on my Compaq desktop, it may be a
Microsoft bug. At least I can manually start the service.

Robert33644 06-29-2008 02:33 AM

Solutions on the fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=
When I reboot my computer or turn it on after being turned off, my wireless
zero configuration service has to be started manually by me every time. If I
don't start it, my connection will not work. I do not know what (if any)
service I may have disabled to make this happen. Even if I setup the service
to start up automatically and then apply the change and then reboot, it still
will not starts and defaults back to maual. Does anyone know how I could
have possibly caused this, or could fix this problem? I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

The same thing was happening to me and it cost me $100 to have a tech guy fix it. So here it is.. after re starting Zero configuration again.. go to START then to ALL PROGRAMS then find your wireless card..( wireless utilities).. I have a gateway laptop with XP.. so I have a BROADCOM WIRELESS.. go to its UTILITIES....UNCHECK.. the box that says.. LET THIS TOOL MANAGE MY WIRELESS CONNECTIONS.... press apply and ok.. you shold be go to .. $100 over a little box.. DAMMMM.. :(

angineer 03-19-2009 05:16 PM

Thanks Robert!

I just wanted to let you know that your $100 helped me change the settings on two computers at my office. I really appreciate your post! :)

Akaluga 04-26-2009 05:02 AM

My Thanks as well

I just got a new Dell Vostro laptop. Why it was configured to not work out of the box I don't know, but this solution worked fo rme as well. Your $100 is helping a lot.

Linksucks 06-24-2009 12:28 AM

linksys easylink advisor SUCKS BIGTIME!!!

I fixed this problem after alot of hours messing with my laptop, no thanks to Linksys / CISCO who write lame commercial software called easylink advisor....

As part of their easylink install they install a new service called the
"Pure Networks Platform Service". Unfortunately, when you uninstall the easylink advisor software it does not remove this service!! This service forces the Wireless Zero Configuration service to stop. I therefore stopped this service and set it to disabled. The next thing to do is delete anything under the following path;

"c:\program files\common files\Pure Networks Shared\"

The reason for this is that at startup you see nmctxth.exe start which messes with your wireless connection by unticking certain boxes!! YOU SUCK LINKSYS!! Anyhoo, delete these files or use MSCONFIG to disable it running at startup.

In conclusion, DO NOT install easylink advisor! You can configure and connect to your Linksys router without it. I hope this helps someone else that may have recently bought a Stinksys router and wasted time on this issue..

tsunami 02-12-2010 03:27 AM

Thank Robert33644 so much! Your post is so useful!

mdixit05 06-08-2010 07:44 AM

Re: Wireless Zero Configuration Service not starting up.

It is due to some other wireless program taking control which stops Wireless Zero Configuration Service. In my case it was INTELLIGENT NETWORK SERVICE. I disabled this service thereafter Wireless Zero Configuration Service started automatically
Manoj