Velocity Reviews

-   -   SUS or WSUS on 70-291 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t583812-sus-or-wsus-on-70-291-a.html)

dave d. 01-11-2008 02:14 AM

SUS or WSUS on 70-291

Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

Which version of wsus?

Thank you

Lawrence Garvin 01-12-2008 02:13 AM

Re: SUS or WSUS on 70-291

"dave d." <daved@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

All three of the Windows Server exams (70-290, 70-291, and 70-293) cover
WSUS 2.0 to some extent,
as is plainly documented in the "Skills Being Measured" section of the
relevant exam descriptions.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Adamu Garba 01-12-2008 03:31 AM

Re: SUS or WSUS on 70-291

Dave

Just make sure that you have the fundamental and practical knowledge of WSUS
architecture and its principles of operations. the questions does not prompt
whether version is this or that.
Just be sure you ahve the updated knowledge.

Adamu Garba
MCSE

Andrew Du 01-16-2008 12:33 PM

Re: SUS or WSUS on 70-291

With respect it's not THAT clearly documented. The description mentions SUS,
the book I have (most recent afaik) covers WSUS2 but says the exam is about
SUS, and of course now we have WSUS3. I think the question was a fair one. I
read your answer as being that the current exam covers WSUS2. Correct?
--
No sig is a good sig

John R 01-16-2008 12:54 PM

Re: SUS or WSUS on 70-291

"Andrew Du" <AndrewDu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With respect it's not THAT clearly documented. The description mentions
> SUS,
> the book I have (most recent afaik) covers WSUS2 but says the exam is
> about
> SUS, and of course now we have WSUS3. I think the question was a fair one.
> read your answer as being that the current exam covers WSUS2. Correct?
> --
> No sig is a good sig
>

> "Lawrence Garvin" wrote:
>
>> "dave d." <daved@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

>> All three of the Windows Server exams (70-290, 70-291, and 70-293) cover
>> WSUS 2.0 to some extent,
>> as is plainly documented in the "Skills Being Measured" section of
>> the
>> relevant exam descriptions.

To my knowledge, the tests normally aren't updated to include new content.
Any old content which is deemed to be incorrect because of newer versions
and such is removed from the tests, but no new content is added based on
newer versions. On that basis, (and as far as I remember), the questions
that you might see on the test will probably not be specific to WSUS2 or
WSUS3 or probably even WSUS. The NDA prevents me from telling you what you
might see or what I saw, however I would suggest that you become familiar
with the concepts of SUS, WSUS, client configuration for it, etc, and not
worry so much about clicking here or there.

Although, if you want to be a system administrator some day, or if you
currently are one, you should know that too :)

John R

catwalker63 01-17-2008 03:07 AM

Re: SUS or WSUS on 70-291

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IER1?= <AndrewDu@discussions.microsoft.com> prattled
ceaselessly in news:EDCC9DBB-CA9D-471B-A4B1-D19626BB44F4@microsoft.com:

> With respect it's not THAT clearly documented. The description
> mentions SUS, the book I have (most recent afaik) covers WSUS2 but
> says the exam is about SUS, and of course now we have WSUS3. I think
> the question was a fair one. I read your answer as being that the
> current exam covers WSUS2. Correct?

I believe Lawrence directed you to the Microsoft Learning website where the
objectives for each exam are laid out. If you have questions about what
will be on the exam, that's the place to look.

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43