Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firefox Task Bar Icon Comes & Goes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t583666-firefox-task-bar-icon-comes-and-goes.html)

kaplan3jiim@example.com 01-10-2008 02:08 PM

Firefox Task Bar Icon Comes & Goes

Lately I have found that the Task Bar entry for Firefox somtimes
disappears and later reappears even while the program stays open. I
might have, say, T-Bird & Firefox open with T-Bird on top. The only
way I know Firefox is there is to minimize T-Bird as there is no task
bar entry for Firefox to click on. This is very intermittent, does
not seem to be related to system busyness. While it sounds on the one
hand like a windows problem, I've not noticed it with any other
program.

Anyone else seeing this at all?

Ralph Fox 01-10-2008 04:46 PM

Re: Firefox Task Bar Icon Comes & Goes

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:08:39 -0600, in message <7g9co3pnjiuarj83gjp31cqpl85dncs82a@4ax.com>,
kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:

> Lately I have found that the Task Bar entry for Firefox somtimes
> disappears and later reappears even while the program stays open. I
> might have, say, T-Bird & Firefox open with T-Bird on top. The only
> way I know Firefox is there is to minimize T-Bird as there is no task
> bar entry for Firefox to click on. This is very intermittent, does
> not seem to be related to system busyness. While it sounds on the one
> hand like a windows problem, I've not noticed it with any other
> program.
>
> Anyone else seeing this at all?

I see this occasionally with other apps running on XP Pro, including MS Word.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Dan C 01-10-2008 05:08 PM

Re: Firefox Task Bar Icon Comes & Goes

kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:
> Lately I have found that the Task Bar entry for Firefox somtimes
> disappears and later reappears even while the program stays open. I
> might have, say, T-Bird & Firefox open with T-Bird on top. The only
> way I know Firefox is there is to minimize T-Bird as there is no task
> bar entry for Firefox to click on. This is very intermittent, does
> not seem to be related to system busyness. While it sounds on the one
> hand like a windows problem, I've not noticed it with any other
> program.
>
> Anyone else seeing this at all?

Yes. I found it to go hand in hand with the lock up of
the cursor and the momentary freeze of the program.

dino 01-10-2008 08:42 PM

Re: Firefox Task Bar Icon Comes & Goes

kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:
> Lately I have found that the Task Bar entry for Firefox somtimes
> disappears and later reappears even while the program stays open. I
> might have, say, T-Bird & Firefox open with T-Bird on top. The only
> way I know Firefox is there is to minimize T-Bird as there is no task
> bar entry for Firefox to click on. This is very intermittent, does
> not seem to be related to system busyness. While it sounds on the one
> hand like a windows problem, I've not noticed it with any other
> program.
>
> Anyone else seeing this at all?

I've seen it with FF and not with any other program. Usually Alt+Tab to
get it back

kevnet@vel.net 01-21-2008 12:22 PM

On Jan 10, 3:42 pm, dino <nom...@nomail.com> wrote:
> kaplan3j...@example.com wrote:
> > Lately I have found that the Task Bar entry for Firefox somtimes
> > disappears and later reappears even while the program stays open. I
> > might have, say, T-Bird & Firefox open with T-Bird on top. The only
> > way I know Firefox is there is to minimize T-Bird as there is no task
> > bar entry for Firefox to click on. This is very intermittent, does
> > not seem to be related to system busyness. While it sounds on the one
> > hand like a windows problem, I've not noticed it with any other
> > program.

> > Anyone else seeing this at all?

> I've seen it with FF and not with any other program. Usually Alt+Tab to
> get it back

I too have experienced this.
I believe there was also a second program which was affected this way,
but it has typically been FireFox
It may occur on my machine when the CPU usage reaches high levels.