Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-271: wsus or sus? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t583202-70-271-wsus-or-sus.html)

dave d. 01-08-2008 05:59 PM

70-271: wsus or sus?

does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered on the 70-271?

Lawrence Garvin 01-09-2008 02:49 AM

Re: 70-271: wsus or sus?

"dave d." <daved@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered on the 70-271?

I doubt that WSUS is covered on the 70-271, but I'd certainly expect the
functionality of the Windows Update Agent, and AU/WU/MU to be testable
somewhere on the MCDST.

Checking the appropriate website
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.mspx):
I see nothing in the "Skills Being Measured" that appears to suggest any
update functionality as a testable objective on this exam.

Checking the other MCDST exam
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.mspx):

Here it is:

Configuring Application Security
Identify and troubleshoot problems related to security permissions.
• Answer end-user questions related to application security
settings.
• Troubleshoot access to local resources.
• Troubleshoot access to network resources.
• Troubleshoot insufficient user permissions and rights.
Identify and respond to security incidents.
• Answer end-user questions related to security incidents.
• Identify a virus attack.
• Apply critical updates.

"Apply critical updates" will require an understanding of how to use
Automatic Updates, Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and how to interact
with the Windows Update Agent and Automatic Updates service.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Michael Gossett 01-14-2008 01:46 AM

Re: 70-271: wsus or sus?

probably meant 291

Lawrence Garvin 01-16-2008 03:12 AM

Re: 70-271: wsus or sus?

"Michael Gossett" <michael@kortekservices.com> wrote in message
> probably meant 291

Maybe... but I can't assume typographical errors. :-)

To that end WSUS is on the 70-290, 291, and 293, for anybody that's
concerned.