Velocity Reviews

-   -   user limits on a share (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t583196-user-limits-on-a-share.html)

kpg* 01-08-2008 05:36 PM

user limits on a share

OK...this should be easy...

When you share a folder windows asks for the max number
of user allowed to access it, max allowed or a specific
number - which has a max of 10. (So i assume max allowed
is 10).

At one time I thought I knew that a 'user' was not actually
a one-to-one maping to a user, but a connection, and a user
could have more than one connection to a share, hence the
share limit got used up sooner than expected based on number
of physical users accessing it (does that make sense?).

So...how can I determine the current number of users
(connections) using a particular share and eating into
my 10 user limit?

I suspect a performance counter trakcs this but I can't seem
to find the correct one.

Remember - it's my bd, so you have to be nice to me. :P

kpg

.rev [askthemct.com] 01-08-2008 05:54 PM

Re: user limits on a share

Open Computer Management\Shared Folders and look at the "Sessions" and "Open
Files" Stats...

--
..rev

www.askthemct.com
..
news:Xns9A1F7609C1DA3ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...

kpg* 01-08-2008 06:07 PM

Re: user limits on a share

".rev [askthemct.com]" <ireportbadpeople@gmail.com> wrote in

> Open Computer Management\Shared Folders and look at the "Sessions" and
> "Open Files" Stats...

<slap to forehead> I knew that!

CBIC 01-08-2008 06:24 PM

Re: user limits on a share

"kpg*" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9A1F7B769D8E5ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> ".rev [askthemct.com]" <ireportbadpeople@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Open Computer Management\Shared Folders and look at the "Sessions" and
>> "Open Files" Stats...
>>

> <slap to forehead> I knew that!

Dude, you're starting to scare me. BTW HB2U

kpg* 01-08-2008 10:05 PM

Re: user limits on a share

> Dude, you're starting to scare me. BTW HB2U

Old age I guess.