Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sony Alpha A200 DSLR Release (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t583015-sony-alpha-a200-dslr-release.html)

nedu.hyf@gmail.com 01-08-2008 02:33 AM

Sony Alpha A200 DSLR Release

SONY UNVEILS NEW MAINSTREAM DSLR CAMERA

LAS VEGAS (CES BOOTH 14200), Jan. 6, 2008 - Sony is advancing the
digital SLR category for mainstream photographers with today's
introduction of the new a (alpha) DSLR-A200 camera.

The DSLR-A200 model features upgrades influenced by the recently-
introduced, enthusiast-class DSLR-A700 camera and replaces the former
Sony DSLR-A100 model, which was Sony's first in the DSLR class
http://www.digitalcameras-plus.com/sony-alpha-a200.html

John E 01-08-2008 01:34 PM

Re: Sony Alpha A200 DSLR Release

<nedu.hyf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> SONY UNVEILS NEW MAINSTREAM DSLR CAMERA
>
> LAS VEGAS (CES BOOTH 14200), Jan. 6, 2008 - Sony is advancing the
> digital SLR category for mainstream photographers with today's
> introduction of the new a (alpha) DSLR-A200 camera.
>
> The DSLR-A200 model features upgrades influenced by the recently-
> introduced, enthusiast-class DSLR-A700 camera and replaces the former
> Sony DSLR-A100 model, which was Sony's first in the DSLR class
> http://www.digitalcameras-plus.com/sony-alpha-a200.html

I have some mixed views about this. Having just bought a Sony DSLR-A100, I
am a bit miffed about the immediate release of a (presumably) better model.
On the other hand I got a good price and the camera more than fills my
requirements as a newby in the DSLR arena. In addition, it is hugely
important to those of us who have bought into this line of cameras, that
Sony is going to continue to support them (lenses, accessories etc.). We
seem to have a continuous path from the old Minolta-Dimax series to the new
Sony series. That has to be good.

Interesting to see how this new model pans out.

John