Velocity Reviews

-   -   dvd driver (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t582635-dvd-driver.html)

colin haynes 01-06-2008 04:47 PM

dvd driver

Help.
My laptop dvdrw drive lost driver after installing Wavelab.
Did the usual, unistalled prog, update driver in device manager.
Removed driver, and add new hardware, still not working.
Any tips.
Regards

pcbutts1 01-06-2008 05:08 PM

Re: dvd driver

If it shows in the device manager, right click on it and remove it. Cut and
paste everything between the lines and paste it into notepad. Save the file
as cd.reg and save it to the desktop. make sure you change the save as
type.... drop down box to all files. Once saved double click on the file to
merge it into the registry. Reboot.

Begin cut below this line
================================================== =================================
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\UdfReadr]

================================================== ==================================
End cut above this line

TJ 01-06-2008 05:14 PM

Re: dvd driver

colin haynes <colin.haynes@tesco.net> wrote in

> Help.
> My laptop dvdrw drive lost driver after installing Wavelab.
> Did the usual, unistalled prog, update driver in device manager.
> Removed driver, and add new hardware, still not working.
> Any tips.

Looks like the author is aware of this.

http://knowledgebase.steinberg.de/49_1.html

Leythos 01-06-2008 06:56 PM

Re: dvd driver

In article <flr1um$bqr$1@blackhelicopter.databasix.com>, pcbutts1
@leythosthestalker.com says...
> Save the file
> as cd.reg and save it to the desktop

Doing registry edits from a porno hosting person is a bad idea.

--

Leythos - spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 to email me)

Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS 1.COM
that create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a
look at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
http://forums.speedguide.net/archive.../t-223485.html all exposed
'exposed to kids'.

Plato 01-07-2008 03:58 AM

Re: dvd driver

colin haynes wrote:

> My laptop dvdrw drive lost driver after installing Wavelab.
> Did the usual, unistalled prog, update driver in device manager.
> Removed driver, and add new hardware, still not working.

Very often with laptops, one has to reload the OS from the restore disk.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/