Velocity Reviews

-   -   My ASB online account (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t582472-my-asb-online-account.html)

SingleSweet 12-18-2007 08:21 AM

My ASB online account

Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
something really funny today from email.

First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
address is from xxx@asb.co.nz

They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
need...blah...

In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
to be a problem?

I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?

Thanks

Craig Shore 12-18-2007 08:35 AM

Re: My ASB online account

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:21:52 -0800 (PST), SingleSweet
<Regina.Pun@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
>something really funny today from email.
>
>First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
>address is from xxx@asb.co.nz
>
>They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
>asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
>they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
>need...blah...
>
>In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
>to be a problem?
>

>I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?

You should ring them right now and talk to them instead of waiting for
someone's opinion here.

But, i'll give my opinion anyway :-) , It looks like it's legit, as
long as they didn't ask for your pin etc.

Puddle 12-18-2007 09:02 AM

Re: My ASB online account

www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

Mutlley 12-18-2007 07:22 PM

Re: My ASB online account

Puddle <Puddle@invalid.blah> wrote:

>SingleSweet wrote:
>> Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
>> something really funny today from email.
>>
>> First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
>> address is from xxx@asb.co.nz
>>
>> They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
>> asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
>> they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
>> need...blah...
>>
>> In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
>> to be a problem?
>>

>> I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?
>>
>> Thanks

>www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
>You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
>the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
>www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

Nik Coughlin 12-18-2007 07:53 PM

Re: My ASB online account

"Mutlley" <mutley2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Puddle <Puddle@invalid.blah> wrote:
>
>>SingleSweet wrote:
>>> Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
>>> something really funny today from email.
>>>
>>> First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
>>> address is from xxx@asb.co.nz
>>>
>>> They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
>>> asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
>>> they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
>>> need...blah...
>>>
>>> In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
>>> to be a problem?
>>>

>>> I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
>>You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
>>the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
>>www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

> I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
> Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

Or AUT University. Yes, we get the idea, you're a university now. No need
to call yourself Auckland University of Technology University.

Puddle 12-18-2007 09:59 PM

Re: My ASB online account

Mutlley wrote:
> Puddle <Puddle@invalid.blah> wrote:
>
>> SingleSweet wrote:
>>> Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
>>> something really funny today from email.
>>>
>>> First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
>>> address is from xxx@asb.co.nz
>>>
>>> They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
>>> asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
>>> they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
>>> need...blah...
>>>
>>> In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
>>> to be a problem?
>>>

>>> I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
>> You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
>> the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
>> www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

> I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
> Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

ASB has basically become their name rather than what it stands for...or
maybe it is just a banking thing.. like when they tell you that the "ATM
machine" is just outside :).

Jerry 12-19-2007 06:24 AM

Re: My ASB online account

Mutlley wrote:
> Puddle <Puddle@invalid.blah> wrote:
>
>> SingleSweet wrote:
>>> Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
>>> something really funny today from email.
>>>
>>> First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
>>> address is from xxx@asb.co.nz
>>>
>>> They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
>>> asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
>>> they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
>>> need...blah...
>>>
>>> In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
>>> to be a problem?
>>>

>>> I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
>> You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
>> the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
>> www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

> I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
> Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

I like the US baseball team "The Los Angeles Angels". Translate the
Spanish parts into English and they are of course "The The Angels Angels"

Matty F 12-19-2007 09:42 AM

Re: My ASB online account

On Dec 19, 8:22 am, Mutlley <mutley2...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
> Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

They changed the name from Auckland Savings Bank when they decided to
expand throughout NZ. Othewise people in Wellington & ChCh etc would
think JAFA Bank.

Bruce Sinclair 12-20-2007 12:09 AM

Re: My ASB online account

In article <932e416f-81b6-4ce3-91ca-830a366b1a45@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, Matty F <mattyf9265@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
>On Dec 19, 8:22 am, Mutlley <mutley2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
>> Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

>They changed the name from Auckland Savings Bank when they decided to
>expand throughout NZ. Othewise people in Wellington & ChCh etc would
>think JAFA Bank.

... I was going to say that TSB haven't done that. I was wrong ... they are
apparently TSB bank as well. Oh well ... one thing they do that's stupid ...
I'll live with that :)

Bobs 12-20-2007 02:27 AM

Re: My ASB online account

On Dec 19, 8:53 am, "Nik Coughlin" <nrkn....@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Mutlley" <mutley2...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Puddle <Pud...@invalid.blah> wrote:

> >>www.asbbank.co.nzis one of their official domain names
> >>You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
> >>the home link and it takes you back towww.asbbank.co.nzNOT
> >>www.asb.co.nzso it seems asb even preferwww.asbbank.co.nz:)

> > I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
> > Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

> Or AUT University. Yes, we get the idea, you're a university now. No need
> to call yourself Auckland University of Technology University.- Hide quoted text -

Auckland University of Technology does not exist anymore. The official
name of the university is AUT. Therefore AUT University is quite
logical.