Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   About the "Face" field in message headers. (No, not X-Face) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t582462-about-the-face-field-in-message-headers-no-not-x-face.html)

Fierce Guppy 12-16-2007 07:02 AM

About the "Face" field in message headers. (No, not X-Face)
 
Thunderbird users with the MessageFaces plugin enabled can render
colour "Face" icons. Mesnews users can display them, too. (Damn good
newsreader that, and yet it is made in France :-/ ). Anyway, out with
X-Face, in with Face.

--
email: fierce,guppy@paradise,net,nz



Lawrence D'Oliveiro 12-17-2007 06:14 AM

Re: About the "Face" field in message headers. (No, not X-Face)
 
In article <mn.84b27d7cc0b1c880.84748@pond.co.nz>, Fierce Guppy did write:

> Thunderbird users with the MessageFaces plugin enabled can render
> colour "Face" icons.


Messages in non-binary USENET groups are not supposed to have binary
attachments.

Dave Taylor 12-17-2007 07:55 AM

Re: About the "Face" field in message headers. (No, not X-Face)
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote in news:fk544g
$tp9$1@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> Messages in non-binary USENET groups are not supposed to have binary
> attachments.


IIRC they are hex strings in the header.

--
Ciao, Dave

Fierce Guppy 12-17-2007 08:12 AM

Re: About the "Face" field in message headers. (No, not X-Face)
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro has brought this to us :
> In article <mn.84b27d7cc0b1c880.84748@pond.co.nz>, Fierce Guppy did write:
>
>> Thunderbird users with the MessageFaces plugin enabled can render
>> colour "Face" icons.

>
> Messages in non-binary USENET groups are not supposed to have binary
> attachments.


Since you regard data in the X-Face and Face header fields as binary
attachments, then where on this forum have previously whined about
them?
Did you not know of their existence until now?

--
email: fierce,guppy@paradise,net,nz



Lawrence D'Oliveiro 12-17-2007 09:30 AM

Re: About the "Face" field in message headers. (No, not X-Face)
 
In article <Xns9A09D4E726FDdaveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37.6 >, Dave Taylor
did write:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote in
> news:fk544g $tp9$1@lust.ihug.co.nz:
>
>> Messages in non-binary USENET groups are not supposed to have binary
>> attachments.

>
> IIRC they are hex strings in the header.


So putting the extra junk for the newsreader to pull down at the start of
the message is supposed to make it better?

EMB 12-17-2007 09:59 AM

Re: About the "Face" field in message headers. (No, not X-Face)
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In article <Xns9A09D4E726FDdaveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37.6 >, Dave Taylor
> did write:
>
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote in
>> news:fk544g $tp9$1@lust.ihug.co.nz:
>>
>>> Messages in non-binary USENET groups are not supposed to have binary
>>> attachments.

>> IIRC they are hex strings in the header.

>
> So putting the extra junk for the newsreader to pull down at the start of
> the message is supposed to make it better?


It's less of a bandwidth overhead than bothering to read your posts. ;-)

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 12-17-2007 05:52 PM

Re: About the "Face" field in message headers. (No, not X-Face)
 
In article <4766549a$1@news01.wxnz.net>, EMB did write:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In article <Xns9A09D4E726FDdaveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37.6 >, Dave Taylor
>> did write:
>>
>>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote in
>>> news:fk544g $tp9$1@lust.ihug.co.nz:
>>>
>>>> Messages in non-binary USENET groups are not supposed to have binary
>>>> attachments.
>>> IIRC they are hex strings in the header.

>>
>> So putting the extra junk for the newsreader to pull down at the start of
>> the message is supposed to make it better?

>
> It's less of a bandwidth overhead than bothering to read your posts. ;-)


Or replying to them?


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.