Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Losing Form data (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t58241-re-losing-form-data.html)

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP] 06-25-2003 10:12 PM

Re: Losing Form data

Hi Matthew,

Changes made to your listbox items at the client-side won't be automatically
persisted to the server. You will need to write some additional code to make
this happen (ie. posting the list of items in a hidden-form field, parsing
it at the server and updating the Items collection accordingly).

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

and not by private mail.
"Matthew C" <dotnet@noveris.com> wrote in message
news:SYkKa.12090$C83.1180465@newsread1.prod.itd.ea rthlink.net...
> Hello All,
>
> I have two List Boxes on one page, one list box is a populated server-side
> from a data source, the other is initially empty. The page then allows

the
> user to move data from the first box to the second (empty) list box via a
> client-size JavaScript.
>
> Once the second box has data in it, the user submits/posts and a

server-side
> function attempts to read the data.
>
> PROBLEM: The data (in the second box) that is populated through the
> client-side JavaScript is not persistent and does not make it to the

server.
> The first box maintains its data through postings, but the second box

loses