Velocity Reviews

-   -   Logitech Customer support ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t581912-logitech-customer-support-absolute-rubbish.html)

Sir to you 08-30-2007 04:34 AM

Logitech Customer support ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!

Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?

Their NZ website gives this info...

Product Information
0800 743 967
Mon - Fri, 11am - 7pm

Call that number, and , there is never anyone available (ie, leave a
message). The voice system then says to press 0 if you want further
assistance. So, press 0, and I get some bizarre message that the
person at extention 1236 is not available and I get put through to
some lady in a logitech business unit in Malaysia who insists I
dialled the wrong number.

I tried their local auckland number, and this worked better. I
informed them that the 0800 number was not working and they said they
would get it fixed. They gave me some advice on fixing my support
issue. Their advice did not work. phoned them again, they said to
replace the hardware. Did that, but it is still not working. So,
phoned the 0800 number today (a week since they were told it is not
working), and found it is still not fixed.

What kind of ****ed up company is this? They can't even organise an
0800 number. Then, when told about it, they don't even bother to fix
it.

Then, explained my support issue all over again, to this stupid woman
on the phone. She said she would call back in 1 hour......no return
call 4 hours later. Guess i'll just return their piece of **** product
and get my money back.

Donchano 08-30-2007 05:25 AM

Re: Logitech Customer support ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <jhallinan@gmail.com>
magnanimously proffered:

>Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?

<snip>

Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

Greg House 08-30-2007 05:41 AM

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <jhallinan@gmail.com> wrote:

>Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?
>
>Their NZ website gives this info...
>
>Product Information
>0800 743 967
>Mon - Fri, 11am - 7pm
>
>Call that number, and , there is never anyone available (ie, leave a
>message). The voice system then says to press 0 if you want further
>assistance. So, press 0, and I get some bizarre message that the
>person at extention 1236 is not available and I get put through to
>some lady in a logitech business unit in Malaysia who insists I
>dialled the wrong number.
>
>I tried their local auckland number, and this worked better. I
>informed them that the 0800 number was not working and they said they
>would get it fixed. They gave me some advice on fixing my support
>issue. Their advice did not work. phoned them again, they said to
>replace the hardware. Did that, but it is still not working. So,
>phoned the 0800 number today (a week since they were told it is not
>working), and found it is still not fixed.
>
>What kind of ****ed up company is this? They can't even organise an
>0800 number. Then, when told about it, they don't even bother to fix
>it.
>
>Then, explained my support issue all over again, to this stupid woman
>on the phone. She said she would call back in 1 hour......no return
>call 4 hours later. Guess i'll just return their piece of **** product
>and get my money back.

I had some problems with a Firmware upgrade for my G5 Mouse, the latest Patch would not work, the
patch before did, I contacted them on there web site, they did not seem to interested on really
getting to the Problem but told me to use another computer, this I did and it worked, I offered to
be a Tester to sort out the Problem but they were not interested at all..

The Funny thing is the Patch before worked but the current one did not, so my thoughts that it was a
software problem in the patch, (Firmware Update) they just did not want to know..

So if you do need help go to the Houses Mouth not his asehole..

NZ Agents in generally are totally useless.

Sir to you 08-30-2007 01:01 PM

On Aug 30, 5:25 pm, Donchano <donch...@notachance.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <jhalli...@gmail.com>
> magnanimously proffered:
>
> >Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?

> <snip>
>
> Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
> I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

webcam. some software problem i think.

XPD 08-30-2007 07:50 PM

"Sir to you" <jhallinan@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1188478919.279981.268540@y42g2000hsy.googlegr oups.com...
> On Aug 30, 5:25 pm, Donchano <donch...@notachance.invalid> wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <jhalli...@gmail.com>
>> magnanimously proffered:
>>
>> >Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?

>> <snip>
>>
>> Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
>> I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

> webcam. some software problem i think.

Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
problems :)

Andrew Lambert 08-30-2007 08:11 PM

Sir to you wrote:
> Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?
>
> Their NZ website gives this info...
>
> Product Information
> 0800 743 967
> Mon - Fri, 11am - 7pm
>
> Call that number, and , there is never anyone available (ie, leave a
> message). The voice system then says to press 0 if you want further
> assistance. So, press 0, and I get some bizarre message that the
> person at extention 1236 is not available and I get put through to
> some lady in a logitech business unit in Malaysia who insists I
> dialled the wrong number.
>
> I tried their local auckland number, and this worked better. I
> informed them that the 0800 number was not working and they said they
> would get it fixed. They gave me some advice on fixing my support
> issue. Their advice did not work. phoned them again, they said to
> replace the hardware. Did that, but it is still not working. So,
> phoned the 0800 number today (a week since they were told it is not
> working), and found it is still not fixed.
>
> What kind of ****ed up company is this? They can't even organise an
> 0800 number. Then, when told about it, they don't even bother to fix
> it.
>
> Then, explained my support issue all over again, to this stupid woman
> on the phone. She said she would call back in 1 hour......no return
> call 4 hours later. Guess i'll just return their piece of **** product
> and get my money back.

Odd

My friend bought one of logitech's flashy universal remotes, He couldnt
work out how to program it, So phone logitech, Apparently they were
brilliant and went through each step on the phone, Had him completly
sorted by the end of the phone call

thingy 08-30-2007 08:59 PM

XPD wrote:
> "Sir to you" <jhallinan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1188478919.279981.268540@y42g2000hsy.googlegr oups.com...
>> On Aug 30, 5:25 pm, Donchano <donch...@notachance.invalid> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <jhalli...@gmail.com>
>>> magnanimously proffered:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
>>> I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

>> webcam. some software problem i think.
>>

> Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
> problems :)

nope, generally I find their kit very good....just bought a wireless
keyboard and re-chargable mouse and quality and setup wise it seems as
good anything....seems as good as the MS one I have....

regards

Thing

Sir to you 09-03-2007 02:04 AM

On Aug 31, 7:50 am, "XPD" <s...@xpdxpdxpd.cococo.nz> wrote:
> "Sir to you" <jhalli...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1188478919.279981.268540@y42g2000hsy.g ooglegroups.com...
>
> > On Aug 30, 5:25 pm, Donchano <donch...@notachance.invalid> wrote:
> >> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <jhalli...@gmail.com>
> >> magnanimously proffered:

> >> <snip>

> >> Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
> >> I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

> > webcam. some software problem i think.

> Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
> problems :)

Up until now, I would say me too - I've had their webcams, keyboards,
universal remotes all before. Never with any probs.

But, this new webcam gets me. I can see other people have the same
issue as me in the logitech forums but there are no proper
solutions. There is one guy who reckons that one of the windows
updates causes the prob, so I'm going to install the OS from the xp
and not install any windows updates.

Jasen Betts 09-09-2007 08:53 AM

On 2007-08-30, thingy <thingy@not.here.commy> wrote:

>> Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
>> problems :)

> nope, generally I find their kit very good....just bought a wireless
> keyboard and re-chargable mouse and quality and setup wise it seems as
> good anything....seems as good as the MS one I have....

They make hardware for a number of brands, MS may be included.

Bye.
Jasen

Jasen Betts 09-09-2007 08:56 AM

On 2007-09-03, Sir to you <jhallinan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 7:50 am, "XPD" <s...@xpdxpdxpd.cococo.nz> wrote:

>> > webcam. some software problem i think.

>> Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
>> problems :)

> Up until now, I would say me too - I've had their webcams, keyboards,
> universal remotes all before. Never with any probs.
>
> But, this new webcam gets me. I can see other people have the same
> issue as me in the logitech forums but there are no proper
> solutions. There is one guy who reckons that one of the windows
> updates causes the prob, so I'm going to install the OS from the xp
> and not install any windows updates.

what problem are you seeing, I'm unable to adjust the brightness/contrast
on mine but suspect a software problem, as I'm not using theirs.

Bye.
Jasen