Velocity Reviews

-   -   09222 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t581791-09222.html)

Lynz 08-15-2007 08:31 AM

09222

Not long ago someone mentioned his mum getting 09222 numbers coming up
on caller iD on the phone. Sorry I didnt follow the thread at the time
but now I notice Im getting them on my phone. The phone rings but there
is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did anyone know what this
was. Should I be worried?
Cheers

Kent Smith 08-15-2007 11:31 PM

Re: 09222

Lynz wrote:
> Not long ago someone mentioned his mum getting 09222 numbers coming up
> on caller iD on the phone. Sorry I didnt follow the thread at the time
> but now I notice Im getting them on my phone. The phone rings but
> there is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did anyone know
> what this was. Should I be worried?
> Cheers

It's the matrix.

-KENT

Richard 08-16-2007 08:59 AM

Re: 09222

Lynz wrote:
> Not long ago someone mentioned his mum getting 09222 numbers coming up
> on caller iD on the phone. Sorry I didnt follow the thread at the time
> but now I notice Im getting them on my phone. The phone rings but there
> is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did anyone know what this
> was. Should I be worried?
> Cheers

Slingshot trying to peddle their overpriced underperforming internet and
phone services using staff from somewhere in the 3rd world on a phone
connection to match.

Call them on their 0800 number from a cellphone to complain about it and
hopefully help to erode their savings from outsourcing offshore at the
same time. Waste their time about where they got your details from etc.

Or call the helpdesk and just hang up once they answer ;)

Yeah Right 08-17-2007 08:41 AM

Re: 09222

On , , Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:59:42 +1200, Re: 09222, Richard
<rich@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Lynz wrote:
>> Not long ago someone mentioned his mum getting 09222 numbers coming up
>> on caller iD on the phone. Sorry I didnt follow the thread at the time
>> but now I notice Im getting them on my phone. The phone rings but there
>> is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did anyone know what this
>> was. Should I be worried?
>> Cheers

>Slingshot trying to peddle their overpriced underperforming internet and
>phone services using staff from somewhere in the 3rd world on a phone
>connection to match.
>
>Call them on their 0800 number from a cellphone to complain about it and
>hopefully help to erode their savings from outsourcing offshore at the
>same time. Waste their time about where they got your details from etc.
>
>Or call the helpdesk and just hang up once they answer ;)

Is there a number you can dial that with holds your cellphone
number? Sort of like 0197 on a landline. What about for 021?

Kent Smith 08-20-2007 08:53 PM

Re: 09222

Yeah Right wrote:
> On , , Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:59:42 +1200, Re: 09222, Richard
> <rich@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Lynz wrote:
>>> Not long ago someone mentioned his mum getting 09222 numbers coming
>>> up on caller iD on the phone. Sorry I didnt follow the thread at
>>> the time but now I notice Im getting them on my phone. The phone
>>> rings but there is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did
>>> anyone know what this was. Should I be worried?
>>> Cheers

>> Slingshot trying to peddle their overpriced underperforming internet
>> and phone services using staff from somewhere in the 3rd world on a
>> phone connection to match.
>>
>> Call them on their 0800 number from a cellphone to complain about it
>> and hopefully help to erode their savings from outsourcing offshore
>> at the same time. Waste their time about where they got your details
>> from etc.
>>
>> Or call the helpdesk and just hang up once they answer ;)

> Is there a number you can dial that with holds your cellphone
> number? Sort of like 0197 on a landline. What about for 021?

Yes, you go into the menu and turn the callerid option off. :)

-KENT

Richard 08-20-2007 11:33 PM

Re: 09222

Kent Smith wrote:

>>> Or call the helpdesk and just hang up once they answer ;)

>> Is there a number you can dial that with holds your cellphone
>> number? Sort of like 0197 on a landline. What about for 021?

> Yes, you go into the menu and turn the callerid option off. :)

Just dont expect it to do anything when you are calling a telco...