Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sport airplane wins NASA challenge (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t581788-sport-airplane-wins-nasa-challenge.html)

Greg House 08-15-2007 07:06 AM

Sport airplane wins NASA challenge

SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...=2547-1_3-0-20

BrianM 08-15-2007 09:15 AM

Re: Sport airplane wins NASA challenge

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:

> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.
>
> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...=2547-1_3-0-20

Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

brianM

bharmer 08-15-2007 10:17 AM

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <bmorris@nilads.co.ny> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:
>

>> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
>> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.
>>
>> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...=2547-1_3-0-20

>Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
OT.

Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
thing.

But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
with the public service of posting such things.

Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
interested me for a while :-)

Enkidu 08-15-2007 11:00 AM

bharmer wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <bmorris@nilads.co.ny> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:
>>

>>> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
>>> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.
>>>
>>> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...=2547-1_3-0-20

>> Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
> OT.
>
> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
> thing.
>
> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
> with the public service of posting such things.
>
> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
> interested me for a while :-)

Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
their kilobytes of rants?

Cheers,

Cliff

'hilarious', it usually isn't?

bharmer 08-15-2007 07:39 PM

Re: Sport airplane wins NASA challenge

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:00:50 +1200, Enkidu <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com>
wrote:

>bharmer wrote:

>>> Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
>> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
>> OT.
>>
>> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
>> thing.
>>
>> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
>> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
>> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
>> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
>> with the public service of posting such things.
>>
>> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
>> interested me for a while :-)
> >

>Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
>posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
>because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
>their kilobytes of rants?

I think they got the idea becuase the locals put up with any old OT
**** in the group.

JohnO 08-15-2007 10:21 PM

On Aug 15, 10:17 pm, bharmer <brian.har...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <bmor...@nilads.co.ny> wrote:
> >On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:

> >> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
> >> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.

> >>http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...s&subj=news&ta...

> >Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
> OT.
>
> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
> thing.
>
> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
> with the public service of posting such things.
>
> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
> interested me for a while :-)

Well, I thought it was OT but interesting, so better than most posts
you see here!

Brian Dooley 08-15-2007 11:28 PM

Re: Sport airplane wins NASA challenge

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:39:23 +1200, bharmer
<brian.harmer@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:00:50 +1200, Enkidu <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com>
>wrote:
>
>>bharmer wrote:

>>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
>>> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
>>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
>>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
>>> OT.
>>>
>>> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
>>> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
>>> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
>>> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
>>> with the public service of posting such things.
>>>
>>> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
>>> interested me for a while :-)
>> >

>>Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
>>posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
>>because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
>>their kilobytes of rants?

>I think they got the idea becuase the locals put up with any old OT
>**** in the group.

An all the cross-posting, mainly to/from Oz.
--

Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand

Yeah Right 08-17-2007 08:41 AM

Re: Sport airplane wins NASA challenge

On , , Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:39:23 +1200, Re: Sport airplane wins
NASA challenge, bharmer <brian.harmer@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:00:50 +1200, Enkidu <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com>
>wrote:
>
>>bharmer wrote:

>>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
>>> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
>>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
>>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
>>> OT.
>>>
>>> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
>>> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
>>> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
>>> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
>>> with the public service of posting such things.
>>>
>>> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
>>> interested me for a while :-)
>> >

>>Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
>>posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
>>because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
>>their kilobytes of rants?

>I think they got the idea becuase the locals put up with any old OT
>**** in the group.

Arguing with spammers and sporgers only excites them and they
know there is someone there and they are annoyed. They then try
even harder with their spam.

Jasen Betts 09-09-2007 10:51 AM

On 2007-08-15, bharmer <brian.harmer@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <bmorris@nilads.co.ny> wrote:
>>
>>Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
> OT.

this crap does not belong in nz.comp

bharmer 09-10-2007 07:26 PM

On 9 Sep 2007 10:51:42 GMT, Jasen Betts <jasen@free.net.nz> wrote:

>On 2007-08-15, bharmer <brian.harmer@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <bmorris@nilads.co.ny> wrote:
>>>
>>>Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
>> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
>> OT.

>this crap does not belong in nz.comp

slow response time on your system huh?