Velocity Reviews

-   -   Traditional Sunday morning gripe about Trademe (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t581721-traditional-sunday-morning-gripe-about-trademe.html)

Shane 08-04-2007 08:55 PM

Traditional Sunday morning gripe about Trademe

mtr (My Traceroute) is showing some serious packet loss (up to 73% in the
small sample I have) to trademe.
Before anyone screams network problems, the losses I see are on trademe, not
any of the hops between.

(As an aside check the naming of the hop immediately before
www.trademe.co.nz: trademe-dom.akcr8.global-gateway)
--
Q: What's big, grey, and proves the uncountability of the reals?
A: Cantor's diagonal elephant.

Shane 08-04-2007 08:59 PM

Re: Traditional Sunday morning gripe about Trademe

Shane wrote:

> mtr (My Traceroute) is showing some serious packet loss (up to 73% in the
> small sample I have) to trademe.
> Before anyone screams network problems, the losses I see are on trademe,
> not any of the hops between.
>
> (As an aside check the naming of the hop immediately before
> www.trademe.co.nz: trademe-dom.akcr8.global-gateway)

And as soon as I post the problem clears up, Sunday must be reboot day :-)
--
Q: What is the difference between a mathematician and a philosopher?
A: The mathematician only needs paper, pencil, and a trash bin for his