Velocity Reviews

-   -   Whats the best New Zealand News Site (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t580913-whats-the-best-new-zealand-news-site.html)

Possum 03-15-2007 05:30 AM

Whats the best New Zealand News Site

Hi

What is NZ best news site. I would like lots of audio and visual

Cheers..

--
www.udopage.com

Mathew Good 03-15-2007 06:52 AM

Re: Whats the best New Zealand News Site

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:30:06 +1300, "Possum" <possum@nospam.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>What is NZ best news site. I would like lots of audio and visual
>
>Cheers..
>
>--
>www.udopage.com

Dead Simple NONE..

You can't access News feeds from another ISP that you are not a member of.

Ross 03-15-2007 07:18 AM

wrote:

>Hi
>
>What is NZ best news site. I would like lots of audio and visual
>
>Cheers..
>
>--
>www.udopage.com

subs.nzherald.co.nz or stuff.co.nz
youtube.com

Possum 03-16-2007 08:01 AM

Re: Whats the best New Zealand News Site

Does youtube have new zealand news on it..?

Tony 03-16-2007 07:57 PM

James Sleeman wrote:
> On Mar 15, 7:52 pm, Mathew Good <m...@yahoo.org wrote:
>
>> You can't access News feeds from another ISP that you are not a member of.

> Huh? Something got lost in translation there I think.

he assumed "news site" = usenet which is clearly not what was asked

Donchano 03-17-2007 12:19 AM

Re: Whats the best New Zealand News Site

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:01:10 +1300, "Possum" <possum@nospam.com>
magnanimously proffered:

>Does youtube have new zealand news on it..?

Silly top-posting aside, the answer is no for streaming video.

If you want streaming television news try this link:
http://www.streamick.com/

No NZ content as yet, but there may be in the future.

--

A: Dunno, maybe it's because they're stupid.

Q: Why do some people top-post?

A: Because they are REALLY STUPID!

Q: Why do some people cross-post?

Brian Withers 03-18-2007 03:25 AM

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:01:10 +1300, "Possum" <possum@nospam.com> wrote:

>From: "Possum" <possum@nospam.com>
>Newsgroups: nz.comp
>Subject: Re: Whats the best New Zealand News Site
>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:01:10 +1300
>
>Does youtube have new zealand news on it..?
>

>"Ross" <rossnospamplease@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
>news:dpshv2hokg0ht68i1bno5b7hv5fm98inms@4ax.com.. .
>> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:30:06 +1300, "Possum" <possum@nospam.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>What is NZ best news site. I would like lots of audio and visual
>>>
>>>Cheers..
>>>
>>>--
>>>www.udopage.com

>> subs.nzherald.co.nz or stuff.co.nz
>> youtube.com

>--

Not Free at all, Plus they need CC Info, so they now need $4.0us due to CC
checking and to many requests..

Seems to be a bit dodgy to me, Why would this firm require your CC Details,
when the account was FREE..?

* Due to the overwhelming response to our free account offer and the costs
associated with verifying credit card information we have begun charging a one
time setup fee of $3.95. There are no recurring monthly fees with our 50MB/day
package.

Craig Shore 04-05-2007 08:56 AM

Donchano wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:01:10 +1300, "Possum" <possum@nospam.com>
> magnanimously proffered:
>
> > Does youtube have new zealand news on it..?

> Silly top-posting aside, the answer is no for streaming video.
>
> If you want streaming television news try this link:
> http://www.streamick.com/
>
> No NZ content as yet, but there may be in the future.

TV3 has it's news streamed live from 6pm to 7pm, and the stories are
there to watch anytime for the next two days.

www.tv3.co.nz

Donchano 04-05-2007 09:35 AM

Re: Whats the best New Zealand News Site

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:56:04 +0000 (UTC), "Craig Shore"
<craigshore@paradise.net.nz> magnanimously proffered:

>Donchano wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:01:10 +1300, "Possum" <possum@nospam.com>
>> magnanimously proffered:
>>
>> > Does youtube have new zealand news on it..?

>> Silly top-posting aside, the answer is no for streaming video.
>>
>> If you want streaming television news try this link:
>> http://www.streamick.com/
>>
>> No NZ content as yet, but there may be in the future.

>TV3 has it's news streamed live from 6pm to 7pm, and the stories are
>there to watch anytime for the next two days.
>

>www.tv3.co.nz

Thank you. That's one to remember ...