Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wrong website coming up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t580813-wrong-website-coming-up.html)

Nik Coughlin 02-28-2007 04:55 AM

Wrong website coming up

I have a client who is getting an old version of the website when they visit
the url from home.

This is the site:
http://www.bizawards.co.nz/

This is what she sees:
http://nrkn.com/temp/image001.jpg

Does anyone else see the same version she sees, the old version?

I'd be tempted to think that it's some kind of caching problem, except I
notice that she's using IE7. That version of the site hasn't existed since
at least August of last year, so it's pretty unlikely.

Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can tell
this shouldn't even be possible.

k 02-28-2007 05:18 AM

Re: Wrong website coming up

Nik Coughlin wrote:
> I have a client who is getting an old version of the website when they visit
> the url from home.
>
> This is the site:
> http://www.bizawards.co.nz/
>
> This is what she sees:
> http://nrkn.com/temp/image001.jpg
>
> Does anyone else see the same version she sees, the old version?
>
> I'd be tempted to think that it's some kind of caching problem, except I
> notice that she's using IE7. That version of the site hasn't existed since
> at least August of last year, so it's pretty unlikely.
>
> Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can tell
> this shouldn't even be possible.

Maybe IE7 is using a cache from a earlier installation of IE6?

Did you ask them to clear their cache?

I see the correct version here.

EMB 02-28-2007 06:43 AM

Re: Wrong website coming up

Nik Coughlin wrote:

> Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can tell
> this shouldn't even be possible.

I'm assuming that the webhost for www.bizawards.co.nz was changed in
August last year. Assuming that the authorative DNS servers were
changed at this time it looks like her ISPs servers are trying to be
authorative as well - and thus directing her to the old IP address.

A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows their
nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP is
Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry for
bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.

DB 02-28-2007 07:07 AM

Re: Wrong website coming up

"EMB" <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:es38ar$5a6$1@aioe.org...
> Nik Coughlin wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can tell
>> this shouldn't even be possible.

> I'm assuming that the webhost for www.bizawards.co.nz was changed in
> August last year. Assuming that the authorative DNS servers were changed
> at this time it looks like her ISPs servers are trying to be authorative
> as well - and thus directing her to the old IP address.
>
> A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows their
> nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP is
> Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry for
> bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.

I see the old image on my Orcon connection

-=rjh=- 02-28-2007 08:05 AM

Re: Wrong website coming up

EMB wrote:
> Nik Coughlin wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can
>> tell this shouldn't even be possible.

> I'm assuming that the webhost for www.bizawards.co.nz was changed in
> August last year. Assuming that the authorative DNS servers were
> changed at this time it looks like her ISPs servers are trying to be
> authorative as well - and thus directing her to the old IP address.
>
> A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows their
> nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP is
> Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry for
> bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.

Sounds right - I see the 'old' version. I'm on Orcon ADSL, using their DNS.

Rob S 02-28-2007 08:22 AM

Re: Wrong website coming up

-=rjh=- wrote:
> EMB wrote:
>> Nik Coughlin wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? As far as I can
>>> tell this shouldn't even be possible.

>> I'm assuming that the webhost for www.bizawards.co.nz was changed in
>> August last year. Assuming that the authorative DNS servers were
>> changed at this time it looks like her ISPs servers are trying to be
>> authorative as well - and thus directing her to the old IP address.
>>
>> A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows
>> their nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP
>> is Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry
>> for bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.
>>

> Sounds right - I see the 'old' version. I'm on Orcon ADSL, using their DNS.

If you don't get any change from orcon, change dns to opendns.com's servers.
208.67.222.222
208.67.220.220
Had no dns problems since changing to them 6 mths ago. Quick as well.

--

Rob
http://aspir8or.blogspot.com

The most important part of a microbiologist's job is not letting the
little things get to him.

Craig Whitmore 02-28-2007 11:00 AM

Re: Wrong website coming up

> A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows their
> nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her ISP is
> Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the entry for
> bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the problem.

This should be resolved tonight

Thanks
Craig

Nik Coughlin 02-28-2007 08:42 PM

Re: Wrong website coming up

Craig Whitmore wrote:
>> A quick diagnostic dig shows that Orcon's DNS is broken and shows
>> their nameservers as authorative - which is wrong (so I assume her
>> ISP is Orcon). A call to Orcon's helpdesk to get them to remove the
>> entry for bizawards.co.nz from their zone file will solve the
>> problem.

> This should be resolved tonight
>
> Thanks
> Craig