Velocity Reviews

-   -   Xtra - shareaza kills browsing? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t580659-xtra-shareaza-kills-browsing.html)

Aaron Lawrence 02-05-2007 02:50 AM

Xtra - shareaza kills browsing?

Hi all,

I have the Xtra Go Express (Full/Full) plan. NOT the infamous Go Large.
It works pretty well for browsing.

And yet, as soon as I run ShareAza, within a minute or so all web
browsing is getting time outs and is basically dead. I've limited
ShareAza bandwidth to 16kB/sec down, 4kB/sec up.

It's like - as soon as Xtra detects P2P it limits be to 128k.

Anyway, I'm getting Inspire wireless installed ... :)

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

iascoot 02-05-2007 03:44 AM

Re: Xtra - shareaza kills browsing?

Are you running XP - SP2, If So, have you tried installing the
TCPIP.SYS Patch to increase connections, that helped me with those
issues
Its probably more locking up your connection by trying to open too
many connections than using all your bandwidth

i usually install the patch to the default 50, then set the P2P
Program on something lower (i set my utorrent to 38), so there is
always something spare for web browsing

I think there is a special Advanced Option for shareaza to tell it you
installed the patch

Aaron Lawrence 02-07-2007 01:47 AM

Re: Xtra - shareaza kills browsing?

On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
iascoot exclaimed:
> Are you running XP - SP2, If So, have you tried installing the
> TCPIP.SYS Patch to increase connections, that helped me with those
> issues
> Its probably more locking up your connection by trying to open too
> many connections than using all your bandwidth

Interesting ... I'm running Win2K actually. But it could still be the
same issue...