Velocity Reviews

-   -   Any xtra customers left on here? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t580497-any-xtra-customers-left-on-here.html)

Sue Bilstein 01-16-2007 08:10 AM

Any xtra customers left on here?

.... If so you could assist me maybe.

I'm on xtra broadband. I have email and usenet connectivity at
present, but no internet access. Are you experiencing this too?

whome 01-16-2007 08:14 AM

Re: Any xtra customers left on here?

"Sue Bilstein" <sue_bilstein@yahoop.com> wrote in message
> ... If so you could assist me maybe.
>

> I'm on xtra broadband. I have email and usenet connectivity at
> present, but no internet access. Are you experiencing this too?

I had a massive slowdown on internet this evening. Try restarting (ie,
switch of the power) your adsl modem.

Chris Lim 01-16-2007 08:47 AM

Sue Bilstein wrote:
> ... If so you could assist me maybe.
>

> I'm on xtra broadband. I have email and usenet connectivity at
> present, but no internet access. Are you experiencing this too?

Nope, I'm on Xtra and haven't had any problems all night.

ChristianKnight 01-16-2007 08:49 AM

Re: Any xtra customers left on here?

"Sue Bilstein" <sue_bilstein@yahoop.com> wrote in message
> ... If so you could assist me maybe.
>

> I'm on xtra broadband. I have email and usenet connectivity at
> present, but no internet access. Are you experiencing this too?

Yes I have had to switch to netsmart
Christ's love

BTMO 01-16-2007 08:56 AM

Re: Any xtra customers left on here?

"Sue Bilstein" <> wrote

Any xtra customers?

NO!!!!

Hahahahahaha!!!

-waves arms religiously from side to side-

Ah have see-en the ligh-ta, sis-ta - YA!

Ah wanna TESTIFY-YA! THAT AH have see-yen the ligh-ta!

No mo xtra for me, no mo-ya!

Matty F 01-16-2007 09:22 AM

Chris Lim wrote:
> Sue Bilstein wrote:
> > ... If so you could assist me maybe.
> >

> > I'm on xtra broadband. I have email and usenet connectivity at
> > present, but no internet access. Are you experiencing this too?

> Nope, I'm on Xtra and haven't had any problems all night.

No problems here. Xtra is having its usual 99.9% uptime.
I thought email and Usenet were part of the Internet anyway.

Sue Bilstein 01-16-2007 09:53 AM

Re: Any xtra customers left on here?

On 16 Jan 2007 01:22:58 -0800, "Matty F" <mattyf9265@yahoo.co.nz>
wrote:
>Chris Lim wrote:
>> Sue Bilstein wrote:
>> > ... If so you could assist me maybe.
>> >

>> > I'm on xtra broadband. I have email and usenet connectivity at
>> > present, but no internet access. Are you experiencing this too?

>> Nope, I'm on Xtra and haven't had any problems all night.

>No problems here. Xtra is having its usual 99.9% uptime.
>I thought email and Usenet were part of the Internet anyway.

Different servers.

Sue Bilstein 01-16-2007 09:54 AM

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:14:34 +1300, "whome" <adsf@slkdjf.com> wrote:
>"Sue Bilstein" <sue_bilstein@yahoop.com> wrote in message
>news:lv1pq2dhljn2dei1a7j7dqb6gbjf9rlk65@4ax.com.. .
>> ... If so you could assist me maybe.
>>

>> I'm on xtra broadband. I have email and usenet connectivity at
>> present, but no internet access. Are you experiencing this too?

>I had a massive slowdown on internet this evening. Try restarting (ie,
>switch of the power) your adsl modem.

I've done that a couple of times. Just after I posted, I got internet
back for ten minutes. Then everything went incl email and newsgroups.

Aaron Lawrence 01-16-2007 10:53 AM

Re: Any xtra customers left on here?

On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
Sue Bilstein exclaimed:
> ... If so you could assist me maybe.
>

> I'm on xtra broadband. I have email and usenet connectivity at
> present, but no internet access. Are you experiencing this too?

Do you mean "web access" by "internet access"?

See, email, usenet and web all are services on the internet. So my first
reaction to your question was "thats impossible". Then I figured out
what you might mean...

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

Cosmik Debris 01-16-2007 07:55 PM

Re: Any xtra customers left on here?

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:53:49 +1300, Aaron Lawrence
<aaronlNOSPAM@NOSPAMconsultant.com> wrote:

> On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
> Sue Bilstein exclaimed:
>> ... If so you could assist me maybe.
>>

>> I'm on xtra broadband. I have email and usenet connectivity at
>> present, but no internet access. Are you experiencing this too?

> Do you mean "web access" by "internet access"?
>
> See, email, usenet and web all are services on the internet. So my first
> reaction to your question was "thats impossible". Then I figured out
> what you might mean...

Unusual though it is Sue is actually right this time. I don't have Telecom
anymore (best move I ever made) but I was at a friends last night and they
were experiencing exactly what Sue was saying. Don't forget that there
aren't just routers on the net there are packet shapers and these can go
down allowing only some types of traffic through.

The symtoms I saw was that there was connectivity but very slow or no web
traffic. Pings etc worked fine.