Velocity Reviews

-   -   Trade me down and out (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t580412-trade-me-down-and-out.html)

Rob 01-03-2007 10:12 AM

Trade me down and out

Anyone able to access trademe tonight. I have been trying to access it for
the last few hours but it keeps timing out on me. I can access other
websites without a problem

Fred Dagg 01-03-2007 11:26 AM

Re: Trade me down and out

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 23:12:01 +1300, "Rob" <rob@hottmail.com> exclaimed:

>Anyone able to access trademe tonight. I have been trying to access it for
>the last few hours but it keeps timing out on me. I can access other
>websites without a problem

Yep, dead as a doornail, although I do get a "we're screwed up"
message, rather than it timing out.

Must be something quite serious - it's been down for quite a while
now.

S.Nufkin 01-03-2007 08:36 PM

Re: Trade me down and out

In article <tl4np2d0cqor5423k5qhj73ug5cjoe9ou6@4ax.com>,
Fred Dagg <freddagg@dagg.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 23:12:01 +1300, "Rob" <rob@hottmail.com> exclaimed:
>
> >Anyone able to access trademe tonight. I have been trying to access it for
> >the last few hours but it keeps timing out on me. I can access other
> >websites without a problem
> >

> Yep, dead as a doornail, although I do get a "we're screwed up"
> message, rather than it timing out.
>
> Must be something quite serious - it's been down for quite a while
> now.

It was still down at 6am this morning, but had come back on stream by
about 7am. Must have been a serious snafu. I bet there will be a few
****ed-off clients.

--
S. Nufkin
[I started life with nothing and still have most of it left]

Rob 01-04-2007 01:02 AM

Re: Trade me down and out

"S.Nufkin" <snufkin@ihug.ko.newzild> wrote in message
> In article <tl4np2d0cqor5423k5qhj73ug5cjoe9ou6@4ax.com>,
> Fred Dagg <freddagg@dagg.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 23:12:01 +1300, "Rob" <rob@hottmail.com> exclaimed:
>>
>> >Anyone able to access trademe tonight. I have been trying to access it
>> >for
>> >the last few hours but it keeps timing out on me. I can access other
>> >websites without a problem
>> >

>> Yep, dead as a doornail, although I do get a "we're screwed up"
>> message, rather than it timing out.
>>
>> Must be something quite serious - it's been down for quite a while
>> now.

> It was still down at 6am this morning, but had come back on stream by
> about 7am. Must have been a serious snafu. I bet there will be a few
> ****ed-off clients.
>
> --
> S. Nufkin
> [I started life with nothing and still have most of it left]

That is very poor for almost a billion dollar website.