Velocity Reviews

-   -   Itunes is here!!!!!!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t580233-itunes-is-here.html)

Sharktbbtfy 12-05-2006 10:02 PM

Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

http://www.apple.com/nz/

--
Sharktbbtfy

Fred Dagg 12-05-2006 10:47 PM

Re: Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:02:20 +1300, "Sharktbbtfy" <sharks@tw.tw.co.uk>
exclaimed:

>http://www.apple.com/nz/

Yay. Not.

Vista 12-05-2006 10:49 PM

Re: Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

"Sharktbbtfy" <sharks@tw.tw.co.uk> wrote in message
news:4575ec69$1@news01.wxnz.net...
> http://www.apple.com/nz/
>

> --
> Sharktbbtfy

Nanos in their stoe have gone to $249 with free engraving and delivery,
which is cheaper than you can buy them in the stores at ($280).

Kent Smith 12-06-2006 01:02 AM

Re: Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

"Vista" <dontspam@dontspam.www> wrote in message

> "Sharktbbtfy" <sharks@tw.tw.co.uk> wrote in message
>> http://www.apple.com/nz/
>>

> Nanos in their stoe have gone to $249 with free engraving and delivery,
> which is cheaper than you can buy them in the stores at ($280).

where is this? - when I click on the nano - buy now link from the nz site, I
get forwarded to the aus store site and you have to register with an aussie
address.
http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebOb...amily=iPodnano

But yes, assuming free delievery - it works out about NZD$250 for the 2GB.

-KENT

Rob 12-06-2006 02:06 AM

Re: Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

"Kent Smith" <kent@smithnz.deletethisbit.com> wrote in message

> "Vista" <dontspam@dontspam.www> wrote in message
>>
>> "Sharktbbtfy" <sharks@tw.tw.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> http://www.apple.com/nz/
>>>

>> Nanos in their stoe have gone to $249 with free engraving and delivery,
>> which is cheaper than you can buy them in the stores at ($280).

> where is this? - when I click on the nano - buy now link from the nz site,
> I get forwarded to the aus store site and you have to register with an
> aussie address.
> http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebOb...amily=iPodnano
>
> But yes, assuming free delievery - it works out about NZD$250 for the 2GB.
>

> -KENT

Yes it does seem to be going to their australian store, but I am sure that
they will honor the same prices.

I have had problems with their Australian store before, with incorrect
billing, so do be careful, you may want to ring renaissance to find out what
is going on with the store as it seems to be very buggy. It quotes NZ
prices, and then it goes to ozzie prices.

whome 12-06-2006 03:18 AM

Re: Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

"Rob" <rob@hottmail.com> wrote in message news:1165370537.612106@ftpsrv1...

> "Kent Smith" <kent@smithnz.deletethisbit.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Vista" <dontspam@dontspam.www> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Sharktbbtfy" <sharks@tw.tw.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Nanos in their stoe have gone to $249 with free engraving and delivery,
>>> which is cheaper than you can buy them in the stores at ($280).

>> where is this? - when I click on the nano - buy now link from the nz
>> site, I get forwarded to the aus store site and you have to register with
>> an aussie address.
>> http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebOb...amily=iPodnano
>>
>> But yes, assuming free delievery - it works out about NZD$250 for the
>> 2GB.
>>

>> -KENT
>>

> Yes it does seem to be going to their australian store, but I am sure that
> they will honor the same prices.
>
> I have had problems with their Australian store before, with incorrect
> billing, so do be careful, you may want to ring renaissance to find out
> what is going on with the store as it seems to be very buggy. It quotes NZ
> prices, and then it goes to ozzie prices.

Typical hacked together site with messed up links and associations. Dell had
similar issues a while back.

Jason Fanning 12-06-2006 08:14 AM

Re: Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

whome wrote:

> Typical hacked together site with messed up links and associations. Dell had
> similar issues a while back.

Typical NZ attitude, everyone moans that they don't have a service, then
when they get it everyone moans that they have it.

I just tried the Apple NZ site, it worked perfectly for me, and I would
buy anything on the Apple site over Dell any day, the Apple actually works.

Waylon Kenning 12-06-2006 09:04 AM

Re: Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

T'was the Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:14:51 +0000 when I remembered Jason
Fanning <jfanning@clear.net.nz> saying something like this:

>I just tried the Apple NZ site, it worked perfectly for me, and I would
>buy anything on the Apple site over Dell any day, the Apple actually works.

Really? I found ordering online with Dell far easier than just looking
at a picture of a laptop on HP's website.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Jekyll and Hyde 12-06-2006 09:24 AM

Re: Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

"Jason Fanning" <jfanning@clear.net.nz> wrote in message
news:d7fde$45767bcd$5964539e$2660@news.ntlworld.ie ...
> whome wrote:
>

>> Typical hacked together site with messed up links and associations. Dell
>> had similar issues a while back.

> Typical NZ attitude, everyone moans that they don't have a service, then
> when they get it everyone moans that they have it.
>
> I just tried the Apple NZ site, it worked perfectly for me, and I would
> buy anything on the Apple site over Dell any day, the Apple actually
> works.

Lol, we're 50/50 Apple and Dell at work.
The failure rate is about even.
We get 5 yr next day onsite warranty with Dell.
We get 1 yr send away warranty from Apple, then after that it's fix it
yourself, if you can aford the outrageously priced spares.

J&H.

Rob 12-06-2006 10:49 AM

Re: Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

"Jason Fanning" <jfanning@clear.net.nz> wrote in message
news:d7fde$45767bcd$5964539e$2660@news.ntlworld.ie ...
> whome wrote:
>

>> Typical hacked together site with messed up links and associations. Dell
>> had similar issues a while back.

> Typical NZ attitude, everyone moans that they don't have a service, then
> when they get it everyone moans that they have it.
>
> I just tried the Apple NZ site, it worked perfectly for me, and I would
> buy anything on the Apple site over Dell any day, the Apple actually
> works.

It now seems to be going to the NZ processing site and giving the correct
values, but it definitely wasn't working properly when I first tested it. I
guess they have had a few bugs