Velocity Reviews

-   -   Slingshot email playing up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t580097-slingshot-email-playing-up.html)

Libby Mitford 11-17-2006 06:55 PM

Slingshot email playing up

Slingshot emails have been playing up all week, sometimes refusing even
to send.

This morning I got a pile dating back as far as Tuesday.

Anyone know what the issue is? Or experienced a similar problem?

E. Scrooge 11-17-2006 07:12 PM

Re: Slingshot email playing up

"Libby Mitford" <libby.mitford@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1163789706.113265.326640@h54g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Slingshot emails have been playing up all week, sometimes refusing even
> to send.
>
> This morning I got a pile dating back as far as Tuesday.
>
> Anyone know what the issue is? Or experienced a similar problem?

Mine's been working fine and that's with up to half a MB on average.
Might depend on if it's your Hotmail address that's giving problems, in
which case has very little to do with Slingshot.

E. Scrooge

Stu Fleming 11-17-2006 07:24 PM

E. Scrooge wrote:
> "Libby Mitford" <libby.mitford@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1163789706.113265.326640@h54g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>> Slingshot emails have been playing up all week, sometimes refusing even
>> to send.
>>
>> This morning I got a pile dating back as far as Tuesday.
>>
>> Anyone know what the issue is? Or experienced a similar problem?

> Mine's been working fine and that's with up to half a MB on average.
> Might depend on if it's your Hotmail address that's giving problems, in
> which case has very little to do with Slingshot.

Seeing network issues from here for DNS and connectivity for Slingshot
overnight.

Libby Mitford 11-17-2006 07:29 PM

E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:

> Might depend on if it's your Hotmail address that's giving problems, in
> which case has very little to do with Slingshot.

No, only my Slingshot mail. Playing up all week and as I said, just got
a pile from Tuesday (and Wednesday) today. Grrrr

Jason Clinton 11-17-2006 09:11 PM

Re: Slingshot email playing up

On 17 Nov 2006 10:55:09 -0800, "Libby Mitford"
<libby.mitford@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Slingshot emails have been playing up all week, sometimes refusing even
>to send.
>
>This morning I got a pile dating back as far as Tuesday.
>
>Anyone know what the issue is? Or experienced a similar problem?

Yep - just got some email today from 3 days ago.

frederick 11-17-2006 10:10 PM

Libby Mitford wrote:
> Slingshot emails have been playing up all week, sometimes refusing even
> to send.
>
> This morning I got a pile dating back as far as Tuesday.
>
> Anyone know what the issue is? Or experienced a similar problem?

It's been a pain in the neck for a few days.

On Slingshot network status page:

"Mail Delays

We are currently experiencing email issues and some customers will
notice 24 - 48 hour delays in receiving email.

No emails have been lost and our engineers are currently working on the
affected mail servers.

We expect the problem to be resolved over the weekend and we will keep
you updated on our progress.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Expected to be resolved by: 20/11/2006 9:00:00 a.m."

Chris Lim 11-17-2006 10:42 PM

Libby Mitford wrote:
> Slingshot emails have been playing up all week, sometimes refusing even
> to send.
>
> This morning I got a pile dating back as far as Tuesday.
>
> Anyone know what the issue is? Or experienced a similar problem?

Given all the email problems with local ISP's, I'm puzzled as to why
people don't just use Yahoo or Gmail. I've been using Yahoo Mail for
over 10 years without a hitch. Is it the quantity of email that people
receive that makes the free ones not an option? Or do people prefer an
email client such as Outlook Express over the web-based interfaces?

Vista 11-17-2006 11:42 PM

Re: Slingshot email playing up

"Libby Mitford" <libby.mitford@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1163789706.113265.326640@h54g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Slingshot emails have been playing up all week, sometimes refusing even
> to send.
>
> This morning I got a pile dating back as far as Tuesday.
>
> Anyone know what the issue is? Or experienced a similar problem?

I don't use it, however their ADSL meter seems to be stuffed for the last
few days, as it is stuck on an old number, so I don't know how much I have
actually used.

Libby Mitford 11-18-2006 12:28 AM

Chris Lim wrote:

> Given all the email problems with local ISP's, I'm puzzled as to why
> people don't just use Yahoo or Gmail.

My other half uses Yahoo mail as well as Slingshot but finds Yahoo
regularly does not work properly. Slingshot has been much better but
not this past week.

I prefer to download my email into my Outlook, but when not at home
(such as at work or when away nationally or overseas) I use the
webmail.

I'd rather be using a newsreader over this clunky web-based Google
groups but I haven't been able to set one up successfully.

Chris Lim 11-18-2006 02:23 AM

Libby Mitford wrote:
> My other half uses Yahoo mail as well as Slingshot but finds Yahoo
> regularly does not work properly. Slingshot has been much better but

Really? I don't recall any issues, apart from the few months I was with
Slingshot where I kept getting DNS Lookup errors going to the Yahoo
Mail website, but that was something to do with Slingshot. What sort of
issues does he have? Also has he tried the new Beta version of Yahoo
Mail? It's very nice, looks and feels like a desktop application.