Velocity Reviews

-   -   zOMG! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t580096-zomg.html)

Shane 11-17-2006 05:49 AM

zOMG!

I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
running ie 7.0
I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
loving these new things.. tabs"
I just about ****ed myself
Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
</priceless>

--
Bender: In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a floatation device!

blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

Jamie Kahn Genet 11-17-2006 05:58 AM

Re: zOMG!

Shane <shane@weasel.is-a-geek.net> wrote:

> I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
> staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
> running ie 7.0
> I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
> loving these new things.. tabs"
> I just about ****ed myself
> Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
> </priceless>

Welcome to the present day, sheep! Ohhh! Pretty new tabs...

LMAO :-D

What store was it?

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

thingy 11-17-2006 06:16 AM

Re: zOMG!

Shane wrote:
> I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
> staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
> running ie 7.0
> I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
> loving these new things.. tabs"
> I just about ****ed myself
> Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
> </priceless>

This is why they are selling things and dont have decent job...thick as
2 short planks...

regards

Thing

Ray Greene 11-17-2006 09:32 PM

Re: zOMG!

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:49:58 +1300, Shane <shane@weasel.is-a-geek.net> wrote:

>I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
>staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
>running ie 7.0
>I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
>loving these new things.. tabs"
>I just about ****ed myself
>Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
></priceless>

Don't be so mean to the poor guy. I felt exactly the same way he did - 10
years ago when I first used Opera :-)

--
Ray Greene

whome 11-17-2006 10:33 PM

Re: zOMG!

"Shane" <shane@weasel.is-a-geek.net> wrote in message
>I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
> staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
> running ie 7.0
> I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
> loving these new things.. tabs"
> I just about ****ed myself
> Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
> </priceless>
>
> --
> Bender: In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a floatation device!
>
> blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

whats intarweb?

noddy 11-17-2006 10:48 PM

Re: zOMG!

wrote:

>I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
>staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
>running ie 7.0
>I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
>loving these new things.. tabs"
>I just about ****ed myself
>Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
></priceless>

poor bugger
I bet he can't spell as well as you can either

Shane 11-17-2006 11:04 PM

Re: zOMG!

For the newbies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intarweb
Interweb (sometimes deliberately misspelled intarweb(s), intraweb, or
interweeb and pronounced with strong secondary stress on the final
syllable) is a slang term referring to the Internet, sometimes more
specifically referring to the World Wide Web. The term is often used as a
joke or sarcastically, to indicate inexperience using the Internet; for
example, "You broke teh Interweb". The joke is that the correct casual name
for the World Wide Web is "the Web," which is part of "the internet," and
content found on the Web can be said to be either "on the Web" or "on the
Internet." "Interweb" implies ignorance of the most basic terminology.

The term interweb originated as the hacker culture responded to the
ever-increasing influx of inexperienced users to the Internet's forums and
chat rooms. Whereas the Internet had previously been the exclusive domain
of the tech-savvy, it was now attracting millions of newcomers (newbies)
who were now participating in it (often with poor netiquette). Referring to
the Internet as the interweb mocks the inexperience and ignorance of these
newcomers, whose lack of understanding of the workings of the 'net would
often amuse or annoy the more experienced.

--
[Fry and Leela meet]
Fry: Can I ask you a quesion?

blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org