Velocity Reviews

-   -   VPN address pool disappears from PDM (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t58003-vpn-address-pool-disappears-from-pdm.html)

dbwmn2001@yahoo.com 04-12-2006 01:23 PM

VPN address pool disappears from PDM

I am configuring a PIX 501 device. What I've done many times on many
other PIXes is creating an IP pool in order to assign a range of
addresses for clients connecting via VPN.
My usual procedure using the PDM was:
1) Create a pool named VPNPool with an address of
192.168.40.248-192.168.40.251
2) Create a policy to allow traffic from the inside network
192.168.40.0/24 to the outside 192.168.40.248/30
3) Configuring the Cisco VPN Client tab

Here comes the trouble:
On all other times I configured a pix the name of the pool appeared on
the host/networks and it was not modifiable.
Now, instead, as soon as I create the policy I'm asked to create a name
(with requests to route it) and as soon as I apply the policy the IP
pool I created disappears from the IP pool window under VPN. The PDM
has a warning stating that the pdm does not understand the command ip
local pool VPNPool VPNPool-192.168.40.251

What is going wrong? I've done this dozens of times on 515E and 506E
models. Is it a problem of the 501?
I've read somewhere that there's a problem when the address pool
overlaps the inside network range, but I never had a problem using this
method on all other configuration.
Thanks for your help

Jyri Korhonen 04-12-2006 01:31 PM

Re: VPN address pool disappears from PDM

<dbwmn2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The PDM has a warning stating that the pdm does not
> understand the command
>
> ip local pool VPNPool VPNPool-192.168.40.251

Do you have

name 192.168.40.248 VPNPool

If yes, you might want to remove it.

dbwmn2001@yahoo.com 04-12-2006 02:20 PM

Re: VPN address pool disappears from PDM

No, it's the PDM which requires me to introduce a name (and I chose the
same name of the IP Pool). Even using a different name gives the same
problem
Thanks
Dave