Velocity Reviews

-   -   mozilla thunderbird Forum (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t580027-mozilla-thunderbird-forum.html)

Southern Kiwi 11-08-2006 07:11 PM

mozilla thunderbird Forum

Trying this software.

Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?

Looking for set-up and function tweaks etc..

TAI

EMB 11-08-2006 10:09 PM

Re: mozilla thunderbird Forum

Southern Kiwi wrote:
> Trying this software.
>
> Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?
>
> Looking for set-up and function tweaks etc..

Add mnenhy from http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

It gives better header viewing, custome headers and encoders/decoders
for messages (ROT-13 et al).

--
EMB

Ralph Fox 11-10-2006 09:04 AM

Re: mozilla thunderbird Forum

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:11:32 +1300, in message <45522be8@clear.net.nz>,
Southern Kiwi wrote:

> Trying this software.
>
> Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?

Server = news.mozilla.org (The Mozilla news server)
newsgroup = mozilla.support.thunderbird (only on news.mozilla.org)

Mike Dee 11-11-2006 12:12 AM

Re: mozilla thunderbird Forum

Ralph Fox <-@-.invalid> wrote in

>> Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?

> Server = news.mozilla.org (The Mozilla news server)
> newsgroup = mozilla.support.thunderbird (only on news.mozilla.org)

Not strictly "only on news.mozilla.org" a few, other than mozilla.org
news providers carry the mozilla heirarchy too, including the above
t'bird support NG. Such as the free news provider aioe.org

--
dee

Ralph Fox 11-11-2006 01:31 AM

Re: mozilla thunderbird Forum

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:12:36 +0000 (UTC), in message <Xns98787208F9B7Femteedee@85.214.50.93>,
Mike Dee wrote:

> Ralph Fox <-@-.invalid> wrote in
>
> >> Can anyone point me to a good/relevant forum/newsgroup for newbies?

> > Server = news.mozilla.org (The Mozilla news server)
> > newsgroup = mozilla.support.thunderbird (only on news.mozilla.org)

> Not strictly "only on news.mozilla.org" a few, other than mozilla.org
> news providers carry the mozilla heirarchy too, including the above
> t'bird support NG. Such as the free news provider aioe.org

Those other servers have an (unauthorised) one way "suck" feed.

You may be able to read OK on those other servers.

But if you post questions there, then your message won't get back
to the Mozilla.org server where the people who can help are reading.

Your choice.

Like it or not, the mozilla folks set this up operate like
a company news server (not peered & distributed across usenet),

--
Cheers,
Ralph

"Curiosity skilled the cat."