Velocity Reviews

-   -   telnet through Linksys to Cisco (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t57973-telnet-through-linksys-to-cisco.html)

noeld@easynet.be 04-11-2006 08:56 PM

telnet through Linksys to Cisco

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to allow port 23 on my Linksys router so from the internet
someone can have access.

All seems ok, I have enabled the local IP address with 23 in the
forwarding section of the router and can also see the remote host
trying to connect in the logs.

Problem is, the remote host cannot connect. If I telnet locally to the
external IP from a host on the LAN I can get in. So my question is, on
a default factory setting on the Cisco, is there something I should be
looking at that's preventing the access.

Thanks a million.

Melon