Velocity Reviews

-   -   Swap Suse 10.1 DVD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t579668-swap-suse-10-1-dvd.html)

Pedro 09-23-2006 01:02 PM

Swap Suse 10.1 DVD

Wanting to swap Suse 10.1 DVD for

Fedora Core 5 DVD or
Debian Sarge DVD or
some other major Linux distribution on DVD

email me at peter_george_xy4@yahoo.com if interested.

MaHogany 09-23-2006 09:25 PM

Re: Swap Suse 10.1 DVD

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:02:49 +1200, Pedro wrote:

> Wanting to swap Suse 10.1 DVD for
>
> Fedora Core 5 DVD or
> Debian Sarge DVD or
> some other major Linux distribution on DVD
>
> email me at peter_george_xy4@yahoo.com if interested.

SuSE 10.0 is good.

Have you tried that?

Ma Hogany

--
"The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
fries with that, if prompted."

Pedro 09-24-2006 11:02 AM

Re: Swap Suse 10.1 DVD

> SuSE 10.0 is good.
> Have you tried that?

Nope.

SuSE 10.1 is good (as far as I can tell). its just that I want to try a few
other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading a dvd
on dialup.

MaHogany 09-24-2006 07:01 PM

Re: Swap Suse 10.1 DVD

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:02:50 +1200, Pedro wrote:

> SuSE 10.1 is good (as far as I can tell). its just that I want to try a few
> other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading a dvd
> on dialup.

One of the current magazines has CentOS - a RedHat clone - on the DVD.

BTW, I download DVD ISO images over dialup. :o)

Ma Hogany

Rob 09-25-2006 12:04 AM

Re: Swap Suse 10.1 DVD

Pedro wrote:
>> SuSE 10.0 is good.
>> Have you tried that?

> Nope.
>
> SuSE 10.1 is good (as far as I can tell). its just that I want to try a few
> other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading a dvd
> on dialup.

I'm just trying out Dreamlinux 2.1 (derived from morphix, with xfce).
Supposedly does xgl over xfce, but haven't figured that out yet. I'm
running off the live cd, so maybe it needs to be installed to disk to
enable xgl.

It's a very pretty desktop, with OoO, xmms, mplayer, firefox,
thunderbird etc.

If you would like a cd, email me rob at simpsons dot net dot nz

I don't need Suse, writing this in sled10 now.

Cheers

Rob

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 09-25-2006 04:27 AM

Re: Swap Suse 10.1 DVD

In message <FCtRg.139$LH3.1735@weber.videotron.net>, Pedro wrote:

> its just that I want to try a
> few other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading
> a dvd on dialup.

Just picked up a copy of the October PC Authority today, and it advertises
an Ubuntu Dapper ISO included on its cover DVD.

Gordon 09-25-2006 04:44 AM

Re: Swap Suse 10.1 DVD

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:02:50 +1200, Pedro wrote:

>> SuSE 10.0 is good.
>> Have you tried that?

> Nope.
>
> SuSE 10.1 is good (as far as I can tell). its just that I want to try a few
> other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading a dvd
> on dialup.

http://www.copyleft.co.nz

Yes it costs some money. Yes I have used Phil's service. If all services
were so good I would be flabergasted.