Velocity Reviews

-   -   I need some help in shaing a folder (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t579478-i-need-some-help-in-shaing-a-folder.html)

ShadowSong 08-26-2006 03:20 PM

I need some help in shaing a folder

Hi ppl,
i myself want to share a folder to my co-workers in office but... they
should be able read the files, they should not have access to write or
edit or copy the files.. is this possible???

OS: WIN XP Pro with SP2 on all systems including mine
my co-workers have different login, with limited access, i have admin
login.. Please help.

Thanks & Regards
ShadowSong

Shank 08-26-2006 07:09 PM

Re: I need some help in shaing a folder

ShadowSong wrote:
> Hi ppl,
> i myself want to share a folder to my co-workers in office but... they
> should be able read the files, they should not have access to write or
> edit or copy the files.. is this possible???
>
> OS: WIN XP Pro with SP2 on all systems including mine
> my co-workers have different login, with limited access, i have admin
> login.. Please help.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> ShadowSong

In Windows explorer...

right click the folder you want to share
click Sharing and Security
on the Sharing tab, there are options to share the folder and to give
read/write access as required (Allow network users to change my files)

--
Rob

But I've always wanted to know how to draw my own motion paths in
powerpoint, haven't you?

Enkidu 08-27-2006 08:31 AM

ShadowSong wrote:
> Hi ppl,
> i myself want to share a folder to my co-workers in office but... they
> should be able read the files, they should not have access to write or
> edit or copy the files.. is this possible???
>
> OS: WIN XP Pro with SP2 on all systems including mine
> my co-workers have different login, with limited access, i have admin
> login.. Please help.

What Shank says, but in addition, if you give read access you cannot
prevent copying. A copy is essentially a read, isn't it?

Cheers,

Cliff

ShadowSong 08-29-2006 04:08 AM

Re: I need some help in shaing a folder