Velocity Reviews

-   -   Impatiently I wait for my 'faster than dialup' diluted broadband. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t579427-impatiently-i-wait-for-my-faster-than-dialup-diluted-broadband.html)

canon paora 08-18-2006 12:10 PM

Impatiently I wait for my 'faster than dialup' diluted broadband.

I think the female at Orcon who took my details said it could take up
to five days to get connected - I wasn't taking a lot of notice, just
saying yeah yeah yeah thank you and hanging up and then expecting an
email confirming that I had signed up and how long it would take to
take effect. I expect too much I suppose. Anyone want to shag while I'm
waiting?

Kent Smith 08-18-2006 12:53 PM

Re: Impatiently I wait for my 'faster than dialup' diluted broadband.

"canon paora" <canon_paora@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1155903028.907043.211420@75g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
>I think the female at Orcon who took my details said it could take up
> to five days to get connected - I wasn't taking a lot of notice, just
> saying yeah yeah yeah thank you and hanging up and then expecting an
> email confirming that I had signed up and how long it would take to
> take effect. I expect too much I suppose. Anyone want to shag while I'm
> waiting?

It might take longer than 5 days to get a shag in the nz.comp newsgroup. :)

-KENT

Gordon 08-19-2006 08:39 AM

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 05:10:29 -0700, canon paora wrote:

> I think the female at Orcon who took my details said it could take up
> to five days to get connected - I wasn't taking a lot of notice, just
> saying yeah yeah yeah thank you and hanging up and then expecting an
> email confirming that I had signed up and how long it would take to
> take effect. I expect too much I suppose. Anyone want to shag while I'm
> waiting?

When did you have this convesation with the woman from Orcon? Also why do
you expect and e-mail confirming the discussion? Did you send Orcon one?

canon paora 08-19-2006 11:47 AM

Gordon wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 05:10:29 -0700, canon paora wrote:
>
> > I think the female at Orcon who took my details said it could take up
> > to five days to get connected - I wasn't taking a lot of notice, just
> > saying yeah yeah yeah thank you and hanging up and then expecting an
> > email confirming that I had signed up and how long it would take to
> > take effect. I expect too much I suppose. Anyone want to shag while I'm
> > waiting?

>Also why do you expect and e-mail confirming the discussion?

No reason other than that most times I have signed up for a service
through the net, I have received emails (without asking) similar to the
one I thought I might have received from Orcon. Anyway, it aint any big
deal. How about a shag?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 08-19-2006 12:08 PM

In message <ec4d8k$75d$1@si05.rsvl.unisys.com>, Kent Smith wrote:

> "canon paora" <canon_paora@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1155903028.907043.211420@75g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
>
>>Anyone want to shag while I'm waiting?
>>

> It might take longer than 5 days to get a shag in the nz.comp newsgroup.
> :)

How about a gannet, then?

....Cormorant?