Velocity Reviews

-   -   Text From Computer thru cellphone (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t579359-text-from-computer-thru-cellphone.html)

Possum 08-06-2006 08:53 AM

Text From Computer thru cellphone

Hi

Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..

I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
my computer..

thx..

Earl Grey 08-06-2006 09:06 AM

Re: Text From Computer thru cellphone

Possum wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
> Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
>

> I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
> my computer..
>
> thx..

You don't say what OS
But heres a free download for XP

The Other Guy 08-06-2006 09:06 AM

Possum wrote:
> Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
> Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..

Yes. I would be surprised if any decent data-capable phone couldn't be
used in this way.

If you want a dedicated device to connect to a PC serial port, try
http://www.wavecom.com.

The Other Guy

Vista 08-06-2006 09:13 AM

"Possum" <possum@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:44d5a0f1$0$31402$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
> Hi
>
> Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
> Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
>

> I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
> my computer..
>
> thx..

Yes, nokia phones let you do that. Best to use bluetooth instead of cable
these days.

Craig Shore 08-06-2006 11:36 AM

Re: Text From Computer thru cellphone

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:13:37 +1200, "Vista" <dontspam@dontspam.www>
wrote:

>"Possum" <possum@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:44d5a0f1$0$31402$88260bb3@free.teranews.com. ..
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
>> Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
>>

>> I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
>> my computer..
>>
>> thx..
>>

>> --
>>

>Yes, nokia phones let you do that. Best to use bluetooth instead of cable
>these days.

It can be done on Sony Ericsson phones too. Bluetooth or Infrared.

Possum 08-06-2006 09:37 PM

Re: Text From Computer thru cellphone

IM on the 027 network Runnung XP

Who Me 08-06-2006 11:24 PM

Possum wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
> Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
>

> I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages from
> my computer..
>
> thx..

hi I've got a motorola V3 that will do this bluetooth or USB cable

Who Me

Vista 08-07-2006 12:33 AM

"Craig Shore" <craigshore@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:13:37 +1200, "Vista" <dontspam@dontspam.www>
> wrote:
>

>>"Possum" <possum@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>news:44d5a0f1$0$31402$88260bb3@free.teranews.com ...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is there a cellphone that you can connect to your computer and then send
>>> Text from your phone from input you typed in on your computer..
>>>

>>> I am also looking for a service that allows me to Send Text messages
>>> from
>>> my computer..
>>>
>>> thx..
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>Yes, nokia phones let you do that. Best to use bluetooth instead of cable
>>these days.
>>

> It can be done on Sony Ericsson phones too. Bluetooth or Infrared.

I used to have a ericsson with infrared, but it was such a buggy
phone(software wise) I could never get that feature to work on it.

Chris Lim 08-07-2006 12:54 AM

Who Me wrote:
> hi I've got a motorola V3 that will do this bluetooth or USB cable

Do you mean you don't need any special software like the one mentioned
earlier in the thread? If so, how do you do it? (I know, I should just
RTFM!)

Vista 08-07-2006 03:27 AM

"Chris Lim" <blackcap80@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1154912061.724207.321300@p79g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
> Who Me wrote:
>> hi I've got a motorola V3 that will do this bluetooth or USB cable

> Do you mean you don't need any special software like the one mentioned
> earlier in the thread? If so, how do you do it? (I know, I should just
> RTFM!)

Comes with the phone or download from the manufacturers website.