Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t579175-lots-of-errors-in-new-dvd-disk-pack.html)

Komrade Klark 07-11-2006 09:44 AM

Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
Hi, if anyone is able to help me determine from the following log,
whether this is a hardware error, or a disk error it would be much
appreciated. I'm getting lots of errors in the new disk pack I've just
opened (the last pack has been just fine - same type but unknown if from
the same batch). I can't say all the errors have been similar as this is
the first log I've captured. Thanks in advance...

---


IA32
WinAspi: -
ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Nero\nero\Wnaspi32.dll':
Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 27/10/2004 3:35:32 a.m.
Nero Version: 6.6.0.15
Internal Version: 6, 6, 0, 15j

Recorder: <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B>Version: A201 - HA 1 TA
0 - 6.6.0.15
Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1
Drive buffer : 2048kB
Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI
CD-ROM: <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B>Version: A201 - HA 1 TA
0 - 6.6.0.15
Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
DiskPeripheral : ST380013AS atapi Port 0 ID
0 DMA: On
DiskPeripheral : ST380013AS atapi Port 0 ID
1 DMA: On
CdRomPeripheral : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B atapi Port 1 ID
0 DMA: On

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B Z: CDRom0
=======================

AutoRun : 1
Excluded drive IDs:
WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
ShowDrvBufStat : 0
BUFE : 0
Physical memory : 2047MB (2096620kB)
Free physical memory: 875MB (896672kB)
Memory in use : 57 %
Uncached PFiles: 0x0
Use Inquiry : 1
Global Bus Type: default (0)
Check supported media : Disabled (0)

11.7.2006
Burn DVD Image
9:13:45 p.m. #1 Text 0 File Reader.cpp, Line 127
Reader running

9:13:45 p.m. #2 Text 0 File Writer.cpp, Line 122
Writer HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B running

9:13:45 p.m. #3 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3231
Turn on Disc-At-Once, using DVD media

9:13:46 p.m. #4 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 269
Last possible write address on media: 2298495 (510:46.45, 4489MB)
Last address to be written: 2001260 (444:43.35, 3908MB)

9:13:46 p.m. #5 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 281
Write in overburning mode: NO (enabled: CD)

9:13:46 p.m. #6 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 2477
Recorder: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B, Media type: DVD-R
Disc Manufacturer: PRINCO -
Disc Application Code: 64, Disc Physical Code: 193

9:13:46 p.m. #7 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 447
>>> Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities: <<<
=========================================

9:13:46 p.m. #8 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 830
Setup items (after recorder preparation)
0: TRM_DATA_MODE1 (2 - CD-ROM Mode 1)
2 indices, index0 (150) not provided
original disc pos #0 + 2001261 (2001261) = #2001261/444:43.36
not relocatable, disc pos for caching/writing not required/not
required, no patch infos
-> TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048, config 0, wanted index0 0 blocks, length
2001261 blocks [HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B]
--------------------------------------------------------------

9:13:46 p.m. #9 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1043
Prepare recorder [HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B] for write in CUE-sheet-DAO
DAO infos:
==========
MCN: ""
TOCType: 0x00; Session Closed, disc not fixated
Tracks 1 to 1:
1: TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048/0x00, FilePos 0 0
4098582528, ISRC ""
DAO layout:
===========
__Start_|____Track_|_Idx_|_CtrlAdr_|_RecDep_______ ___
0 | lead-in | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00
0 | 1 | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00
0 | 1 | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00
2001261 | lead-out | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00

9:13:46 p.m. #10 Phase 24 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
Caching of files started

9:13:46 p.m. #11 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 4116
Cache writing successful.

9:13:46 p.m. #12 Phase 25 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
Caching of files completed

9:13:46 p.m. #13 Phase 36 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
Burn process started at 2x (2,770 KB/s)

9:13:46 p.m. #14 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 2644
Verifying disc position of item 0 (not relocatable, no disc pos, no
patch infos, orig at #0): write at #0

9:13:46 p.m. #15 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2359
Recording mode: Sequential Recording Mode for Multisession

9:13:46 p.m. #16 Text 0 File Mmc.cpp, Line 21667
Set BUFE: Buffer underrun protection -> ON

9:13:46 p.m. #17 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2513
Start write address at LBA 0
DVD high compatibility mode: Yes

9:13:46 p.m. #18 Text 0 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 8823
---- DVD Structure: Physical Format Information (00h) ----
Layer: 0, Address: 0 (0 h), AGID: 0; Length: 2050
Book Type: DVD-R (2), Part Version: 5
Disc Size: 120 mm, Maximum Rate: <not specified> (F h)
Number of Layers: 1, Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP), Layer
Type: recordable
Linear Density: 0,267 um/bit, Track Density: 0,74 um/track
Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area: 30000 h (DVD-ROM,
DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW)
End Physical Sector Number of Data Area: 26127F h
End Sector Number in Layer 0: 0 h (LBN: FFFD0000 h,
4193920 MB)
Data in Burst Cutting Area (BCA) does not exist
Start sector number of the current Border-Out: 2FE10 h
Start sector number of the next Border-In: 2FFA0 h
Media Specific [16..63]:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
00 02 FE 10 00 02 FF A0 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

9:37:35 p.m. #19 SCSI -1039 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1437
SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x04420000
Status: 0x04 (0x01, SCSI_ERR)
HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
Sense Key: 0x04 (KEY_HARDWARE_ERROR)
Sense Code: 0x09
Sense Qual: 0x01
CDB Data: 0x2A 0x00 0x00 0x1D 0x39 0xE0 0x00 0x00 0x20 0x00 0x00 0x00
Sense Data: 0x71 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x10
0x32 0x34 0x04 0x0C 0x09 0x01

9:37:35 p.m. #20 CDR -1039 File Writer.cpp, Line 311
Focus or tracking error

9:37:35 p.m. #21 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 228
all writers idle, stopping conversion

9:37:35 p.m. #22 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 222
conversion idle, stopping reader

9:37:35 p.m. #23 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2751
EndDAO: Last written address was 1915359

9:37:41 p.m. #24 Phase 133 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
Writing short lead-out

9:37:52 p.m. #25 SCSI -1093 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1183
SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0
Status: 0x04 (0x01, SCSI_ERR)
HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)
Sense Code: 0x02
Sense Qual: 0x00
CDB Data: 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Sense Data: 0x71 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x10
0x10 0x3B 0x00 0x0C 0x02 0x00

9:37:52 p.m. #26 SCSI -1176 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1183
SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0
Status: 0x04 (0x01, SCSI_ERR)
HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
Sense Key: 0x05 (KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST)
Sense Code: 0x72
Sense Qual: 0x04
CDB Data: 0x5B 0x01 0x02 0x00 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Sense Data: 0x70 0x00 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x10
0x5B 0x01 0x00 0x0C 0x72 0x04

9:37:53 p.m. #27 CDR -1093 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 167
No seek complete
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B\H1 T0

9:37:53 p.m. #28 TRANSFER -24 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 167
Could not perform end of Disc-at-once

9:37:53 p.m. #29 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
Burn process failed at 2x (2,770 KB/s)


Existing drivers:
File 'Drivers\CDRALW2K.SYS': Ver=8.0.0.212 , size=2560 bytes, created
20/05/2006 9:16:24 a.m.
File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=3.00.11B, size=46080 bytes, created
17/05/2006 8:23:54 a.m. (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)
File 'Drivers\InCDfs.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 18, 0, size=99584 bytes, created
8/07/2005 5:17:54 p.m. (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)
File 'Drivers\InCDpass.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 18, 0, size=29696 bytes, created
8/07/2005 5:17:36 p.m. (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)
File 'Drivers\InCDrec.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 18, 0, size=8704 bytes, created
8/07/2005 5:17:56 p.m. (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)
File 'Drivers\atapi.sys': Ver=5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158),
size=95360 bytes, created 3/08/2004 10:59:44 p.m. (Adapter driver for rec)

Registry Keys:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

GraB 07-11-2006 10:59 AM

Re: Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:44:46 +1200, Komrade Klark
<Komrade.Klark@the-facist-socialist-party.govt.nz> wrote:

>Hi, if anyone is able to help me determine from the following log,
>whether this is a hardware error, or a disk error it would be much
>appreciated. I'm getting lots of errors in the new disk pack I've just
>opened (the last pack has been just fine - same type but unknown if from
>the same batch). I can't say all the errors have been similar as this is
>the first log I've captured. Thanks in advance...
>

According to http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
Princo media is 3rd grade so will be variable. I find the same for my
present batch of Imation DVD+R 8x discs made by CMC - some are very
good but some fail.

Chris Lim 07-11-2006 11:48 AM

Re: Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
GraB wrote:
> According to http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
> Princo media is 3rd grade so will be variable. I find the same for my


I used to use Princo quite a lot, but found that to avoid lots of burn
errors I had to burn them at 2x instead of 4x.

> present batch of Imation DVD+R 8x discs made by CMC - some are very
> good but some fail.


I tried a spindle of 8x CMC once and had heaps of coasters. Had to burn
at 4x to get a decent success rate.

These days I use Verbatim. They're really good, fast (16x), and
relatively cheap (< $1ea).

Chris


GraB 07-11-2006 05:30 PM

Re: Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
On 11 Jul 2006 04:48:58 -0700, "Chris Lim" <blackcap80@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>GraB wrote:
>> According to http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
>> Princo media is 3rd grade so will be variable. I find the same for my

>
>I used to use Princo quite a lot, but found that to avoid lots of burn
>errors I had to burn them at 2x instead of 4x.
>
>> present batch of Imation DVD+R 8x discs made by CMC - some are very
>> good but some fail.

>
>I tried a spindle of 8x CMC once and had heaps of coasters. Had to burn
>at 4x to get a decent success rate.
>

I always burn them at 4x. When I had a some spindles of Excel 8x
DVD+R (OptodiscOR8 guaranteed A grade) I burned them at 6x and got
better results.



zipdisk@clearxxxx.net.nz 07-11-2006 09:04 PM

Re: Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:44:46 +1200, Komrade Klark
<Komrade.Klark@the-facist-socialist-party.govt.nz> wrote:

>Hi, if anyone is able to help me determine from the following log,
>whether this is a hardware error, or a disk error it would be much
>appreciated. I'm getting lots of errors in the new disk pack I've just
>opened (the last pack has been just fine - same type but unknown if from
>the same batch). I can't say all the errors have been similar as this is
>the first log I've captured. Thanks in advance...
>




Have you updated the Firmware in the DVD Writer..,?

This is a must with most drives..



Lawrence D'Oliveiro 07-11-2006 10:47 PM

Re: Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
In article <1v07b2hq306g82t4iv856rndjv09r63vkl@4ax.com>,
GraB <grab@whatever.co.nz> wrote:

>According to http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
>Princo media is 3rd grade so will be variable. I find the same for my
>present batch of Imation DVD+R 8x discs made by CMC - some are very
>good but some fail.


Here in Hamilton all the shops are full of Imation. Looking for
alternative brands, I've found a few places selling TDK, but it appears
only K-Mart has them in spindles of 25.

Mark C 07-12-2006 12:06 AM

Re: Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote in
news:ldo-2D5523.10473612072006@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> In article <1v07b2hq306g82t4iv856rndjv09r63vkl@4ax.com>,
> GraB <grab@whatever.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>According to http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
>>Princo media is 3rd grade so will be variable. I find the same
>>for my present batch of Imation DVD+R 8x discs made by CMC -
>>some are very good but some fail.

>
> Here in Hamilton all the shops are full of Imation. Looking for
> alternative brands, I've found a few places selling TDK, but it
> appears only K-Mart has them in spindles of 25.


I have nothing but praise for these people:
http://blankcd.co.nz/

DVD-R: http://blankcd.co.nz/dvdmedia.htm
DVD+R: http://blankcd.co.nz/dvd%2Brmedia.htm

Mark

~misfit~ 07-12-2006 03:19 AM

Re: Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
Mark C wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote in
> news:ldo-2D5523.10473612072006@lust.ihug.co.nz:
>
> > In article <1v07b2hq306g82t4iv856rndjv09r63vkl@4ax.com>,
> > GraB <grab@whatever.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > > According to http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
> > > Princo media is 3rd grade so will be variable. I find the same
> > > for my present batch of Imation DVD+R 8x discs made by CMC -
> > > some are very good but some fail.

> >
> > Here in Hamilton all the shops are full of Imation. Looking for
> > alternative brands, I've found a few places selling TDK, but it
> > appears only K-Mart has them in spindles of 25.

>
> I have nothing but praise for these people:
> http://blankcd.co.nz/
>
> DVD-R: http://blankcd.co.nz/dvdmedia.htm
> DVD+R: http://blankcd.co.nz/dvd%2Brmedia.htm
>
> Mark


Thanks for that, I've emailed them. :-) The 50 spindle of Mitsi DVD+Rs look
like they'll suit me.
--
Shaun.



Komrade Klark 07-12-2006 04:49 AM

Re: Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
Komrade Klark wrote:
> Hi, if anyone is able to help me determine from the following log,
> whether this is a hardware error, or a disk error it would be much
> appreciated. I'm getting lots of errors in the new disk pack I've just
> opened (the last pack has been just fine - same type but unknown if from
> the same batch). I can't say all the errors have been similar as this is
> the first log I've captured. Thanks in advance...
>
> ---
>
>
> IA32
> WinAspi: -
> ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Nero\nero\Wnaspi32.dll':
> Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 27/10/2004 3:35:32 a.m.
> Nero Version: 6.6.0.15
> Internal Version: 6, 6, 0, 15j
>
> Recorder: <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B>Version: A201 - HA 1 TA
> 0 - 6.6.0.15
> Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1
> Drive buffer : 2048kB
> Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI
> CD-ROM: <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B>Version: A201 - HA 1 TA
> 0 - 6.6.0.15
> Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1
>
> === Scsi-Device-Map ===
> DiskPeripheral : ST380013AS atapi Port 0 ID
> 0 DMA: On
> DiskPeripheral : ST380013AS atapi Port 0 ID
> 1 DMA: On
> CdRomPeripheral : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B atapi Port 1 ID
> 0 DMA: On
>
> === CDRom-Device-Map ===
> HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B Z: CDRom0
> =======================
>
> AutoRun : 1
> Excluded drive IDs:
> WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
> ShowDrvBufStat : 0
> BUFE : 0
> Physical memory : 2047MB (2096620kB)
> Free physical memory: 875MB (896672kB)
> Memory in use : 57 %
> Uncached PFiles: 0x0
> Use Inquiry : 1
> Global Bus Type: default (0)
> Check supported media : Disabled (0)
>
> 11.7.2006
> Burn DVD Image
> 9:13:45 p.m. #1 Text 0 File Reader.cpp, Line 127
> Reader running
>
> 9:13:45 p.m. #2 Text 0 File Writer.cpp, Line 122
> Writer HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B running
>
> 9:13:45 p.m. #3 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3231
> Turn on Disc-At-Once, using DVD media
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #4 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 269
> Last possible write address on media: 2298495 (510:46.45, 4489MB)
> Last address to be written: 2001260 (444:43.35, 3908MB)
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #5 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 281
> Write in overburning mode: NO (enabled: CD)
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #6 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 2477
> Recorder: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B, Media type: DVD-R
> Disc Manufacturer: PRINCO -
> Disc Application Code: 64, Disc Physical Code: 193
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #7 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 447
> >>> Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities: <<<

> =========================================
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #8 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 830
> Setup items (after recorder preparation)
> 0: TRM_DATA_MODE1 (2 - CD-ROM Mode 1)
> 2 indices, index0 (150) not provided
> original disc pos #0 + 2001261 (2001261) = #2001261/444:43.36
> not relocatable, disc pos for caching/writing not required/not
> required, no patch infos
> -> TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048, config 0, wanted index0 0 blocks,
> length 2001261 blocks [HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B]
> --------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #9 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1043
> Prepare recorder [HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B] for write in CUE-sheet-DAO
> DAO infos:
> ==========
> MCN: ""
> TOCType: 0x00; Session Closed, disc not fixated
> Tracks 1 to 1:
> 1: TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048/0x00, FilePos 0 0
> 4098582528, ISRC ""
> DAO layout:
> ===========
> __Start_|____Track_|_Idx_|_CtrlAdr_|_RecDep_______ ___
> 0 | lead-in | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00
> 0 | 1 | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00
> 0 | 1 | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00
> 2001261 | lead-out | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #10 Phase 24 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
> Caching of files started
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #11 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 4116
> Cache writing successful.
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #12 Phase 25 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
> Caching of files completed
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #13 Phase 36 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
> Burn process started at 2x (2,770 KB/s)
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #14 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 2644
> Verifying disc position of item 0 (not relocatable, no disc pos, no
> patch infos, orig at #0): write at #0
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #15 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2359
> Recording mode: Sequential Recording Mode for Multisession
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #16 Text 0 File Mmc.cpp, Line 21667
> Set BUFE: Buffer underrun protection -> ON
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #17 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2513
> Start write address at LBA 0
> DVD high compatibility mode: Yes
>
> 9:13:46 p.m. #18 Text 0 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 8823
> ---- DVD Structure: Physical Format Information (00h) ----
> Layer: 0, Address: 0 (0 h), AGID: 0; Length: 2050
> Book Type: DVD-R (2), Part Version: 5
> Disc Size: 120 mm, Maximum Rate: <not specified> (F h)
> Number of Layers: 1, Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP),
> Layer Type: recordable
> Linear Density: 0,267 um/bit, Track Density: 0,74 um/track
> Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area: 30000 h (DVD-ROM,
> DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW)
> End Physical Sector Number of Data Area: 26127F h
> End Sector Number in Layer 0: 0 h (LBN: FFFD0000 h,
> 4193920 MB)
> Data in Burst Cutting Area (BCA) does not exist
> Start sector number of the current Border-Out: 2FE10 h
> Start sector number of the next Border-In: 2FFA0 h
> Media Specific [16..63]:
> 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> ................
> 00 02 FE 10 00 02 FF A0 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> ................
> 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> ................
>
> 9:37:35 p.m. #19 SCSI -1039 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1437
> SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x04420000
> Status: 0x04 (0x01, SCSI_ERR)
> HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
> TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
> Sense Key: 0x04 (KEY_HARDWARE_ERROR)
> Sense Code: 0x09
> Sense Qual: 0x01
> CDB Data: 0x2A 0x00 0x00 0x1D 0x39 0xE0 0x00 0x00 0x20 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Sense Data: 0x71 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x10
> 0x32 0x34 0x04 0x0C 0x09 0x01
>
> 9:37:35 p.m. #20 CDR -1039 File Writer.cpp, Line 311
> Focus or tracking error
>
> 9:37:35 p.m. #21 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 228
> all writers idle, stopping conversion
>
> 9:37:35 p.m. #22 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 222
> conversion idle, stopping reader
>
> 9:37:35 p.m. #23 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2751
> EndDAO: Last written address was 1915359
>
> 9:37:41 p.m. #24 Phase 133 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
> Writing short lead-out
>
> 9:37:52 p.m. #25 SCSI -1093 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1183
> SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0
> Status: 0x04 (0x01, SCSI_ERR)
> HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
> TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
> Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)
> Sense Code: 0x02
> Sense Qual: 0x00
> CDB Data: 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Sense Data: 0x71 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x10
> 0x10 0x3B 0x00 0x0C 0x02 0x00
>
> 9:37:52 p.m. #26 SCSI -1176 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1183
> SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0
> Status: 0x04 (0x01, SCSI_ERR)
> HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
> TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
> Sense Key: 0x05 (KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST)
> Sense Code: 0x72
> Sense Qual: 0x04
> CDB Data: 0x5B 0x01 0x02 0x00 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Sense Data: 0x70 0x00 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x10
> 0x5B 0x01 0x00 0x0C 0x72 0x04
>
> 9:37:53 p.m. #27 CDR -1093 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 167
> No seek complete
> HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B\H1 T0
>
> 9:37:53 p.m. #28 TRANSFER -24 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 167
> Could not perform end of Disc-at-once
>
> 9:37:53 p.m. #29 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
> Burn process failed at 2x (2,770 KB/s)
>
>
> Existing drivers:
> File 'Drivers\CDRALW2K.SYS': Ver=8.0.0.212 , size=2560 bytes, created
> 20/05/2006 9:16:24 a.m.
> File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=3.00.11B, size=46080 bytes, created
> 17/05/2006 8:23:54 a.m. (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)
> File 'Drivers\InCDfs.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 18, 0, size=99584 bytes, created
> 8/07/2005 5:17:54 p.m. (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)
> File 'Drivers\InCDpass.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 18, 0, size=29696 bytes, created
> 8/07/2005 5:17:36 p.m. (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)
> File 'Drivers\InCDrec.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 18, 0, size=8704 bytes, created
> 8/07/2005 5:17:56 p.m. (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)
> File 'Drivers\atapi.sys': Ver=5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158),
> size=95360 bytes, created 3/08/2004 10:59:44 p.m. (Adapter driver for rec)
>
> Registry Keys:
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)


Thankyou everyone that has posted, the advice and the links - I imagine
there could be a few more posts, so future posters, I will also thank
you in advance (was a late post and not quite 24hrs). Based on the posts
nobody has said anything about it looking like it's being a hardware
issue, so it's looking like it could the disk pack that's bad. Either
that or there's a hardware issue and it just so happens to have started
just when I began the new 50 pack spindle.

Can anyone actually see anything in the log that confirms either way -
i.e. definitely hardware, definitely not hardware, or it's
indeterminable? And if possible are you able to quote the bit that you
are referring to? I have had the supplier replace it with an identical
pack so we shall see. In future I will be purchasing higher grade disks.
If I continue to get errors in the next pack I can only assume hardware
problems, as this pack should very definitely be from a different batch
(the bad pack was purchased some months ago). I will keep this thread
updated on the outcome soon.

Not that it's relevant too much, but I prefer DVD -R because I tend to
do a bit of video work, and the DVD's I produce seem to work better for
the older DVD set top players.

Sticky 07-12-2006 06:18 AM

Re: Lots of errors in new DVD disk pack...
 
Komrade Klark wrote:
> Hi, if anyone is able to help me determine from the following log,
> whether this is a hardware error, or a disk error it would be much
> appreciated. I'm getting lots of errors in the new disk pack I've just
> opened (the last pack has been just fine - same type but unknown if from
> the same batch). I can't say all the errors have been similar as this is
> the first log I've captured. Thanks in advance...
>
> ---
>
>
> IA32
> WinAspi: -
> ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Nero\nero\Wnaspi32.dll':
> Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 27/10/2004 3:35:32 a.m.


snip.....

I used to use Princo because they were cheap. I also used a LiteOn
DVD-RW drive and others. I got lots of coasters no matter what speed I
burnt at or which version of firmware I used.

==============================
I now burn at 50% of the rated speed.
I now use only Verbatim or Imation or Spin-X (Warehouse)
(in order of preference.)
I now only use a Pioneer DVR110 burner
===============================

Now I don't get *any* coasters

Australian PC Users Magazine recently ran a few articles on DVD-R(W)
quality. Verbatim came out way ahead of the others. Yeah, Ok, they
*could have been payed to say that, but they did give all the results in
the mag.

Verbatim are not commonly available. I use PB Tech, they have spindles
at reasonable cost.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.