Velocity Reviews

-   -   Slingshot problems over the last few days (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t578821-slingshot-problems-over-the-last-few-days.html)

Vista 05-22-2006 05:04 AM

Slingshot problems over the last few days

Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
their own website was down.

AssPacket 05-22-2006 05:18 AM

Re: Slingshot problems over the last few days

Vista wrote:
> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
> their own website was down.

That domain has no DNS that's why it doesn't load!

AssPacket 05-22-2006 05:22 AM

Vista wrote:
> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
> their own website was down.

Looks like it's working again now, maybe bad juju?

Vista 05-22-2006 05:29 AM

"AssPacket" <Suck@my.arse> wrote in message
> Vista wrote:
>> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
>> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with
>> slingshot, and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday,
>> as was noted by a previous poster. Their network status has shown no
>> problems, even when their own website was down.

> Looks like it's working again now, maybe bad juju?

I can load it through other ISPs, just not slingshot. It isn't the only
website I have had trouble with either, so there is something not right on
slingshots network.

AssPacket 05-22-2006 05:52 AM

Vista wrote:
> "AssPacket" <Suck@my.arse> wrote in message
>> Vista wrote:
>>> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
>>> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with
>>> slingshot, and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday,
>>> as was noted by a previous poster. Their network status has shown no
>>> problems, even when their own website was down.

>> Looks like it's working again now, maybe bad juju?

> I can load it through other ISPs, just not slingshot. It isn't the only
> website I have had trouble with either, so there is something not right on
> slingshots network.

What are the other sites you're having trouble with?

Tony 05-22-2006 06:21 AM

Vista wrote:
> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
> their own website was down.

Works fine on SafeNZ.net

Kris Kirk 05-22-2006 06:34 AM

Vista wrote:
> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with slingshot,
> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted by
> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
> their own website was down.

Yeah I'm with Slingshot and I can access that site....

Vista 05-22-2006 06:43 AM

"Kris Kirk" <kriskirk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1148279679.643003.274480@i40g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
> Vista wrote:
>> Can anyone access www.milonic.com through Slingshot? I have been having
>> trouble accessing some international websites since friday with
>> slingshot,
>> and their own website has also been down on Friday/Saturday, as was noted
>> by
>> a previous poster. Their network status has shown no problems, even when
>> their own website was down.

> Yeah I'm with Slingshot and I can access that site....

Yes it is working now for me too.

Kris Kirk 05-22-2006 07:38 AM

Vista wrote:
> I can load it through other ISPs, just not slingshot. It isn't the only
> website I have had trouble with either, so there is something not right on
> slingshots network.

I've been getting the following error when accessing Yahoo Mail
(mail.yahoo.com) occasionally:

Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
[code=DNS_TIMEOUT] A DNS lookup error occurred because the request
timed out during the lookup.

Only started happening a few months ago when I switched from Orcon to
Slingshot.

Wonder if these problems are related?

Kris

Vista 05-22-2006 09:48 AM

news:1148283481.172631.135550@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Vista wrote:
>> I can load it through other ISPs, just not slingshot. It isn't the only
>> website I have had trouble with either, so there is something not right
>> on
>> slingshots network.

> I've been getting the following error when accessing Yahoo Mail
> (mail.yahoo.com) occasionally:
>
> Gateway Timeout
> The following error occurred:
> [code=DNS_TIMEOUT] A DNS lookup error occurred because the request
> timed out during the lookup.
>
> Only started happening a few months ago when I switched from Orcon to
> Slingshot.
>
> Wonder if these problems are related?
>
> Kris

I was getting similar problems with Amazon and Godaddy, but it seems to be
better tonight.